Sutent User Reviews

Sutent - User Reviews

Sutent User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sutent sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: james, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 13

Twelve months on sutent. Twelve months I am still alive! The feet, the hands, the runs, and all the other stuff still bother me huge. My tumors did get smaller after the first 2 doses, and now are under control. Which is good, my other kidney was removed because of this abomination called cancer. Together we will win!!

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 26

My father(RCC,phase4) is taking this med for 6 months. So far he experienced swollen face, cracked/irritated skins, low appetite,faintness, anaemia,weakness. Good news is that His tumor regions have been stable.

Comment from: mikel, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 18

Just finished 3rd course, my tumours have shrank a little, blood count is low. I have had a sore mouth and changed to childrens toothpaste which really helps, I can't bear hot or cold drinks either and taste is going. I can live with the side effects I am so happy with the results so far and remain super positive for my family.

Comment from: rzimme0525@aol.com, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I have just finished my 13th round of Sutent. Like others the skin on hands and feet crack and peel. Diahreah also comes after back on the pill for two weeks. After 3 MRIs in a year The results are incouraging. My bone cancer after the Kidney was removed has improved. Hang in there gang it takes a while. The hands and feet are pretty much back to normal now but took 8 months.

Comment from: VICKI, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 02

i HAVE BEEN ON SUTENT FOR 5 MONTHS NOW - THE MOST BOTHERSOME SIDE EFFECT IS SORE AND PEELING FEET - MAKES IT PAINFUL TO WALK AT TIMES. ALSO HAVE HAD STOMACH CRAMPS, BUT THEY ARE TOLERABLE - IT'S THE FEET THAT BOTHER ME THE MOST SINCE IT MAKES IT HARD TO GET AROUND ( I EVEN BORROWED CRUTCHES FROM A FRIEND FOR OCCASIONAL USE). THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT MY FIRST SCANS CAME BACK POSITIVE. HOPEFULLY THE SIDE EFFECTS WILL DIMINISH OVER TIME AND NOT WORSEN.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 18

The worst side effects for me has been the hand and foot thing. some months I have difficulty walking and opening and closing my hands. The other side effects have been manageable. I have been on Sutent for 14 months and my tumors have been stable.

Comment from: 65-74 (Patient) Published: November 19

Side effects are rough include loss of appitiie, Sore hands and feet, diahrea,sore mouth. this goes away when on the 2 week off period

Comment from: tpc, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 28

Last 3 days of use during 4 wk duration felt very lethargic with sore feet and hands. Forced myself to go walking every day, this helped with my healing process.Loose stool and high blood pressure last week of medication. Easily corrected with drugs.

Comment from: hemi dog, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 25

Like mustangRZ I too have been taking Sutent for two years. I started taking 50mg, but like so many others, I had horrible side effects. My doctor kept a close eye on the effects and decided to change the dose to 35.5 mg. I still get side effects, but not so severe. I take 1 pill a day for 28 days then off for 14 days. I still work every day and for the most part feel pretty darn good.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 23

use dr.scholls gelpads for sore feet and moisturizer daily..pepcid chewables or tums for queasy stomach..have been on it two months..scans are stable

Related Reading: pepcid

Comment from: Live2Tell, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 19

Almost 2 yrs on drug. Qtrly CAT scans show no added growth in tumors. Side effects: diarreah, lethargic, very tired, no taste, even mild foods burn (use Biotene instead of reg toothpaste), high blood preassure, elevated thyroid counts. All side effects controllable with drugs or OTC medications. On balance, a good drug for RCC.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 18

Gas Diarrhea Stomach Cramps Feeling Weak Feel Like Throwing Up Decreased Blood Platelets Decreased Number of Lymphocytes in the Blood Excessive Watery Eyes Sore Tongue Muscle Pain

Cancer