Sutent User Reviews

Sutent - User Reviews

Sutent User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Sutent sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 76bluesmobile, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 25

My grandmother was issued Sutent recently for Stage 4 Renal Cancer. Unfortunately, the drug did not work for her. Sutent apparently accelerated the growth of the cancer and also contributed to an ulcer she developed. As of February 22, 2008, she has been removed from the drug and has been given up to 2 years to live. She also experienced several very rare side effects with this medication, taking her doctors by surprise.

Comment from: monarchpoint@yahoo.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 07

my 6th dose on sutent had 2 catscan result are positive. side effects are sore feet like blisters,hard time walking, diahearia, bleeding nose, lose of apetite, blood pressure is high,have to take blood pressure pill to control blood pressure.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 07

Just had my second set of scans on Septmeber 3rd of 2010. The nodules are gone in both my lungs. Had surgery in December of 09, removed left kidkey, large portion of my vena cava and had between 6-8 nodules in my lungs. Just before beginning Sutent in January I had another scan that showed the number of nodules in my lungs had increased and the largest one had nearly doubled in size. After the first 3 months of treament 1st scan showed major improvement, then this last scan they are all gone. Nothing on my scans at all. Doc still wants me tocontinue taking the drug so that is what I will do. Side effects havn't been too bad,, plenty of lotion on feet and hands helps with the dry and cracking skin, mild diahrea usually the last 7-10 days of treatment cycle, then clears up with the 2 weeks off medicine.

Comment from: Shotgun, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 21

I was diagnosed 6/17/09 with Stage 4 metastasized renal cell carcinoma that manifested in my right lung. I started Sutent 50 mg on July 3rd. Had to discontiue on July 20th due to having ALL the side effects. I was prepared for one or two, but not all of them piling on between the 2nd and 3rd week. Just as they all piled on, my wife fell and shattered her knee cap and broke her wrist. She was in the hospital recovering from the surgery and I was home too sick with Sutent side effects to go see her in the hospital. I had the sore mouth, bleeding gums, a huge ulcer formed on my tongue, incredible nausea that exceeded the nausea drug's ability, fever approaching 102, painful swallowing, extreme fatigue, more than normal shortness of breath (I also have CHF & COPD which produce shortness), diarrhea, sore and stiff neck and back, blood pressure dropped as low as 69/35 (nearly called an ambulance, but it came back up some). I quit the Sutent. After a month off of it, I'm normal again and have restarted this week at 2 12.5 Sutent per day. In 2 weeks we will increase to 3 per day and finally 4 per day in hopes to avoid the side effects. No cat scans yet so I haven't a clue if it's actually working yet.

Related Reading: fever | fatigue

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 05

Just finished 3 months of treamtment, had a positive result on my scans, the kidney and vena cave were full of cancer and surgically removed in December, at that time I had 6 or 7 nodules in my right lung with the largest one about 2 cemtimeters. The first set of scans after taking the drug showed the largest one of these nodules had shrunk to about 1 centimeter and the others were shrinking as well. Side effects minimal and well worth the results. Worst thing was occasional diahrea but controlled with Immodium very easy. This drug has let me continue to lead a normal life so far. Hope we seee the same positive results on my next set of scans

Cancer