Symbicort User Reviews

Symbicort - User Reviews

Symbicort User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Symbicort sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: no1uno, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 21

I have been able to run longer and with more ease using this medication. My concerns the soreness that I experience after running and the weight that I continue to gain. I exercise on a regular basis, eat right but since I started using this medication I can't seem to control my weight which wasn't a problem before.

Comment from: netterlynn, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 10

I've had asthma for my entire life, and have been medicated for it for the past 18 years. Before the Symbicort, I was on Advair. I was constantly hoarse and coughing, and my results began to be worse. So, onto the Symbicort, which did seem to help...for a while. Now, I am only slightly better than I was with the Advair, and I have some unpleasant symptoms that may be from this medication. I've gained an enormous amount of weight, even while cutting down on caloric intake. My joints are very sore, which I thought might mean that I had arthritis, but I'm beginning to think might come from this medication. My migraines are more frequent and worse, and...I'm still hoarse, coughing and clogged! I'm thinking of just giving up on all of the medications and dealing with only having 50% of my lung volume available.

Related Reading: asthma | Symbicort | arthritis

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

This drug did work at clearing up my asthma that usually acts up every winter. However, it did not work as well as the Advair and the side effects are unbearable. This medication made me very dizzy, worsened my depression, made me angry (intermittently), kept me up late at night (2 AM the last two nights). I called my doctor today so I can switch meds becuase this is unbearable. I have a history of depression, and I'm so annoyed that this as worsened it. It will take great effort to get back on track.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: smb, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 08

was on advair for 8 years and 4 months ago decided to try something different to see if my muscle cramps would go away- which i believed were a side-effect of the advair. cramps went away but after one month gained 15 lbs, had horrible headaches, migraines, bloating, flu-like symptoms, sinus issues and taste loss AND my asthma was not better controlled. after this last migraine episode, i am stopping the symbicort and going back on advair. i guess this just shows that everybody is different and some tolerate certain meds better than others. and, that if you are living with horrible side-effects everyday, that there is probably a better med out there for you. md's protect the drug companies, you have to be your own proponent in your health and speak up! thanks for sharing your experiences.

Related Reading: muscle cramps | flu | migraine

Comment from: l8dybug, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 31

I went to see my Dr. with my typical Spring allergy/asthma symptoms (coughing/wheezing). I had been using my Flovent and Xopenex inhalers regularly, but just wasn't getting better and I thought I needed some Prednisone to get me "over the hump". My doctor gave me the script for Prednisone, and also one for Symbicort. I took it for just a little over a week and I'm much worse. I noticed immediately that my voice was very hoarse and my throat sore at times. I started to feel like I couldn't breathe most of the time.... very short of breath and my chest was really tight. Then it morphed into something else.... I am coughing up a lot of mucus and I believe I have a sinus infection as well. On top of it all... I've had times when I've had a racing, pounding heart without exertion and I just feel exhausted. Needless to say, I stopped taking the Symbicort, and I called my doc today and was given an antibiotic to hopefully take care of the infection I now have. That inhaler is going into the trash!

Related Reading: allergy | Flovent | Xopenex

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 18

Had an alergic reaction where I could barely breathe. Be careful with this one.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 25

I have been suffering with asthma for about 15 years. I breifly used advair (very effective, but the powder made my throat sound very hoarse when I spoke). I stopped that and the doctor gave me symbicort instead. With the symbicort I am able to sleep through the night without waking up to puff on a rescue inhaler. In fact, I breathe easy all day. Workouts are a breeze. I feel like the old me again.