Symbicort User Reviews

Symbicort - User Reviews

Symbicort User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Symbicort sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: kate, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 09

Have been on Pulmicort and Serevent Dis for years and doing fine. Am on medicare and BC/BS doesn't want to pay for my meds. Tried Symbacort,beginning last Weds, 5/4/ll. Peak Flow on 5/4 was 340. 5/5, 300. 5/6, 280. 5/7, 240. 5/8, 210. Have call into doctor. Experiencing irregular pulse, headache, nausea, chest pain, deep raspy cough. I am thinking it might be the combined dosage may not have enough bedesonide. Pulmicort delivers 180mcg. Symbicort 160mcg.

Related Reading: headache | chest pain | cough

Comment from: onyxx65, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 28

I have had mild asthma for a few years, and only needed an inhaler once in awhile. Since my symptoms have increased over the years, my Dr. put me on this Rx. and I have found it to be quite helpful in my breathing. I do experience leg cramping (charley horses) upon awakening but they go away once I'm up and moving around. The only concern I really have is that of my voice and throat. I notice that my throat will hurt when I wake up, however I have had sinus issues all of my life and have lots of post nasal drip which causes me to cough alot. But my voice has been hoarse and it is sometimes hard to talk. Not because of pain, but because it seems I have to really strain to talk. I don't think it is enough for me to discontinue the med. though. I have an appt. w/my Dr. in a few weeks and I am going to discuss this w/him.

Comment from: timeihave, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 30

To control my asthma I asked my doctor for a steroid (like a used years ago when my asthma was worse)to help prevent attacks and the over use of my lfe saving Ventolin. He prescribed Symbicort. I was concerned as it has a slow release of Ventolin along with the inflamatory controlling steroid. I took it morning and night for 3 months and always felt something was wrong and started experiencing problems. I required more symbicort and more ventolin. The more frequent use of ventolin produced additional fluid build up and the symbicort seemed to allow me to cough up the fluid. Over the last month things got totally out of whack. I was getting more short of breath and the medications were seeming doing the opposite to what they were suppose to so of course I had to increase the dosages. Of course my doctor was away on holidays so I let things slide. Good days and then a bad one. Two weeks ago I had a full blown asthma attack and had to be rushed to the hospital. I am very lucky that I survived. At home now on and oxygen machine for the next couple of months, I now take Advair as the anti inflamatory control. I can breath but my oxygen blood level is low hence the oxygen. I really believe that people with asthma need to be dealing only with doctors who are specialized in asthma. This was the wrong medication for me and over the course of months tended to worsen my asthma.

Comment from: Lexi, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 07

I have been using this inhaler for about 2 years never really had any problems until about a month ago i started having anxiety attacks also i have been having rapid heart rates.

Comment from: kencpht, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 20

I've had asthma for ten years with this last full year increased thick phlegm which is very present in the waking hours with me. Being 66 years of age has me cautious of all new drugs. Not backward, yet I research all my new prescriptions! Look first for all contradictions to any of your present meds that you take on regular or symptomatic basis before adding any new med. Concerning Symbicort, I learned for myself if you are usually tight having much phlegm prior to using your Proventil first to cough up that stuff in the morning and using your Symbicort at least one hour or more later, the Symbicort, will be more effective and much less likely to choke you up while the morning phlegm is present, and its normally there even if you are not wheezing in the morning. This is something I had to go through as to let the Symbicort do its job much more effectually. My first morning without using my albuterol to help clear the phlegm out was pretty scarry, because it did choke me up, big time! Later on you will not be troubled with that morning routine as the Symbicort will then be doing its job and finally reliving us from most all the steroids and albuterol! This may not apply to all of us, but this has been my experience and I am getting better every day with Symbicort. I hope this helps all newbees just starting Symbicort! Be careful and listen to your doctor on all points! Doctors know and we are learning.

Related Reading: Proventil

Comment from: linacorner, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

I started on Symbicort a few weeks ago as my doctor thought maybe it would help me more than Advair. I have experienced bloating and constipation, leg cramps and I am thinking that this medicine may be the reason. I have not had any other changes to my med's or diet to explain this. I'm going off this med to see if my symptoms improve. Although, it has helped my asthma, I can't deal with the side effects. Any onte else experience the bloating and constipation?

Related Reading: constipation