Symbicort User Reviews

Symbicort - User Reviews

Symbicort User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Symbicort sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 04

I stopped the medication when my asthma seemed better, then my doctor told me I had to quit this gradually, it could affect my kidneys if stopped all at once. I did this by cutting to two puffs a day for 2 weeks, then one puff for two weeks.

Comment from: rj, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 11

I've had asthma for 40 years and could not tolerate Advair or Serevent due to severe insomnia, headaches,anxiety, etc. Before taking Symbicort, I was using albuterol and nebulizers excessively. I've used albuterol about 2 times since I starting Symbicort 8 months ago. I feel like Symbicort has given me my life and freedom back. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night having shortness of breath. I'm taking only 1 puff twice a day and have noticed only a slight increase in headaches and anxiety/jitteriness. With Advair, my anxiety was out of control. It's the only med I take now and it has replaced 5 other meds I was previously taking for asthma and, even with those 5 meds, my asthma was still not under control. For anyone that's interested in taking it, I would find a good allergist or pulmonologist to seek their opinion if it's right for you. As per protocol, this drug should not be taken by folks who are well controlled with inhaled steroids or other asthma meds.

Comment from: Belle, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 05

Symbicort started out good. It immediately opened my airwaves more so than Advair. But after 3 days, I developed a cough with phlegm. This continuously got worse. But since I didn't have to use my rescue inhaler very much, I continued taking Symbicort. Headaches began, fatigue, ear congestion, horrible taste, and general poor feeling. Finally after 10 days, I got extremely sick with fever, chills, and tightening in the chest. Was put on antibiotics and prednisone in pill form. Quit Symbicort immediately!!! Must be allergic to it. Very scarey! It's back to Advair for me.

Related Reading: fatigue | fever

Comment from: noname, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 05

has greatly inproved my breathing and no waking up at night with attacks. However-it has caused me to have silent migranes. It is where you see flashes and lights in your peripheral vision. It has also made me vey tired.

Comment from: milkmaid, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 08

I have had asthma for 3 years, and after nothing works very good to get rid of my cough, my Dr. gave me this to try. After 4 days of 2 puffs, 2 times a day, I ended up in the ER with heart palipatations, and high blod preasure and heart rate. Because it seams to be helping where others have not I will continue to try it at a lower dose,1 puff, 1 time a day then increase to 1 puff 2 times a day. Hopefully this will help.