Symbyax User Reviews

Symbyax - User Reviews

Symbyax User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Symbyax sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 16

I noticed a decrease in my moods swings right away. My relationships, work and school activities have been much easier to deal with. My doctor recommended a low dose for me so I have to break the capsule and add water which makes taking the medication cumbersome. Other than that I am so excited about my new life.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 31

I've tried a few depression meds including Cymbalta and Lexipro. After taking a Bipolar questionnaire it was agreed that I needed to try a different drug. So far using Symbyax I have been able to think clearer and control my anger spurts. This may be the drug for me for now. I'm happy that med science is continually working hard in this field. Not very many individuals understand just how serious being Bipolar or Depressed is.

Related Reading: depression | Cymbalta

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 12

I was previously on Zyprexa (olanzapine) for three years, then my doctor put me on Prozac (fluoxetine) for a year, and now I've been taking Symbyax for six months. I did gain weight, over 40 pounds, but through diet and exercise (which helps my depression anyways) I've lost most of it. I consider weight gain an acceptable trade for how much better I'm doing since taking this medication. I take mine at night which seems to help with the sleepiness associated with this.

Related Reading: Zyprexa | Prozac

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 04

This has been a miracle drug for. Yes I gained some wieght, but it was well worth it. For the first time in years, I am not suicidal and I don't have sickening thoughts. This medication has helped my greatly.

Comment from: Abby, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 07

This is my third time getting back on this med. due to the cost. I am budgeting better so I don't have to stop it again. There are no words to describe how much better my mood swings and depression are on this. It's sad that it is so exspensive and some people need it and can't afford it. Good luck to all.

Comment from: sml025, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

worked quickly, got out of bed and had energy for first time in months.

Comment from: Joy, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 12

I have had a good experience with this medicine. It has worked for me so far and I only have been on it for about 2 weeks now, and I can already tell and my husband said he can tell also. I would recommend this to anyone.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

This drug has been a miracle for me. Not only have my depression and suicidal thoughts alleviated, but I'm also sleep so well at night. The only problem is my hunger. It seems incessant.

Comment from: smokie2, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 28

I have taken all the antidepressant drugs out there it seems. For years. This made a complete difference in 3 days. I actually feel quite good. Taken it now for 3 wks and I am amazed. I have been exercizing like crazy, in that I have been very lucky and have never had a weight problem, and I sure do not want one now. The only problem for me is the cost, 325.00 even though I have good med. insurance, they cover no mental health at all.

Related Reading: mental health

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 04

I have been taking this medication for about six months and I am sleeping better, do not have suicidal thoughts as frequently and overall I am not as depressed or anxiety ridden. I would recommend this medication to any one struggling with Bipolar Depression. One side effect is that I gained weight with an increased appetite.