Symlin User Reviews

Symlin - User Reviews

Symlin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Symlin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: syringuy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 06

Yes, it is three more shots and is clearly seen as a chore I must do. But what a wonder this drug has been. My blood sugars have come into easy control almost immediately. After a period of use (2-3 weeks) I found myself eating far less. After 2 months, I wanted less. I have lsot 20 pounds in two months with only modest increase in exercise. Do take those warnings about over-eating seriously when you start. Be prepared for some lows initially, too.

Comment from: ssnorkelsue, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 29

did wonders for my blood sugars and I lost 20 lbs over 6 months.Side effects were not able to sleep, anxious, developed severe depression including suicide ideation. all of the above symptoms disappeared when the drup was stopped

Related Reading: sleep | depression | suicide

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 26

It took quite a while to get used to, but once I got the hang of it, it was very helpful. Most of the side effects subsited (nausea, etc.). My only issue with it now is that it stings when I inject it. However, it is a small price to pay for the improvement in glucose.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 16

After reaching my prescribed dosage I found the amount of food I injested decreased considerably and I felt full for a longer amount of time

Comment from: dwright, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

When starting the injections, My glucose levels improved immeadiatwly, SO I KNEW this drug along with novolog insulin was currently the best way for me to control my type 1 diabetes. I love it! I've lived with diabetes all my life, since the age of two, and it is more eaiser now tnan ever to control the disease. If anyone is looking for advice on weather or not to start using symlin, I would highly recommend giving it a try. I admit it was a little tough getting used to the side effects in the beginning,though in the end its worth it.

Related Reading: novolog | diabetes | symlin

Comment from: melluvscats, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

After unsuccesful try of Byetta and Januvia, I found this not to work either pp bs are over 360. Plus it makes my gastroparesia so much worse, either cant go or go all day. Between the nuisance of extra shots, which you can never tell if the pendose went in, extra toilet issues and and no results, I cant reccomend this drug, plus on top of it all.

Related Reading: Byetta | Januvia

Comment from: Jada, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

Post meal numbers are much better with Symlin. I can 1/2 the humalog dose and so far, I have not had any lows at all. I take 10 U at Br. 10 U at lunch and 20 U at dinner. Pre dinner numbers were higher than should be, next AM numbers (fasting) higher than should be, since taking the 20 U of Symlin before dinner, I have normal numbers after dinner and in the AM. I am very happy with Symlin. I recommend this med to anyone who is taking insulin and not having the success they want, to try Symlin. It has helped me alot.

Related Reading: humalog

Comment from: mrbud, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

I just started to use a week ago and some of the time it makes me feel full, depends on the food and when i take it.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 20

I have not lost as much weight as expected and over time, drug effects wear off. Nausea initially was terrible, but stopped after 3 weeks or so. Low BS are terrible, but my A1C is down 2.6 points to a 6.6.