Symlin User Reviews

Symlin - User Reviews

Symlin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Symlin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lchild1552, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 17

This medication has saved my life and has gotten my blood sugar under control.

Comment from: happy patient in Omaha, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 15

This drug immediately brought my blood sugars down. But the cost! My co-pay for 1 month is $150.00. I do not know if I can afford to stay on this wonderful drug. Is the vials cheaper?

Comment from: simgirltoo, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 25

I know if I follow a good exercise program and eat accordingly...Symlin works better than sliced bread. However, I am noticing growth of hair and fingernails and toenails. Symlin is the last medication that has been added. Has anyone experienced growth in hair and nails?

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 14

I have a problem feeling full. This med, with some headaches, does help.

Comment from: Colbysnana, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

I started this med to help conquer my insulin resistance which I developed after 44 years. I am taking it in conjunction with a dietary and excercise program. However, the side effects-nausea,extreme fatigue and increased irritability are really bothering me. Has anyone else experienced the faigue and mood changes?

Related Reading: insulin resistance | fatigue

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

Symlin has helped me lower my blood sugar, but I have had strange side effects that are very disruptive. I get very nauseated and feel like I'm going to vomit, but I also get chills and it makes me nervous/shaky inside and I end up gritting my teeth. This lasts for approx 3 hours. I have lost weight, but the above symptoms have been quite disruptive to my productivity in general.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 11

The side effects are harsh

Comment from: TIM, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 08

It has not worked for me. It has increased my appetite. Blood sugars have actually gone up

Comment from: curlyq, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 20

I am 37 years old, have been type 1 for 13 years. Have always ate well and exercised. Symlin has helped with my post meal BS and I have also lost the last 10 lbs I wanted to lose. Although, I am wondering if it has made me lose muscle?? I am afraid I will keep losing weight and do not want to lose more. My bra size has gone down too far!! Anyone else??

Comment from: Doremi, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 06

I am on my 5th pen and am starting to see weight loss. I find that I have a little nausea if my meal is not balanced but overall the medication seems to be doing what it is supposed to. I am not on insulin and have not experienced any lows.

Comment from: shaboingy, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 12

I used this medication for 1 month and it does give a full feeling but a couple of hours later i seemed crae sweets and Dr's couldn't tell if its related but 1 month after taking this drug 120 units each dose I had a seizure with bg of only 60. Now I'm taking 30 each meal and its working well.

Related Reading: seizure

Comment from: lindhop37, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 16

I am what is now being referred to as a Type 1.5 diabetic-insulin dependent adult onset. I am also "brittle". I am on 120 Symlin at this time plus Humalog and Lantis. This protocol has been the most effective in years. I also do not have extreme hunger pangs. I have not been able to reduce the Humalog significantly, but the blood sugars are in far better control. I had 2 extreme lows, but those were due to extraordinary circumstances.