Symlin User Reviews

Symlin - User Reviews

Symlin User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Symlin sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 31

Love the Symlin medication. HATE THE PEN DELIVERY SYSTEM WE ARE NOW FORCED TO UTILIZE IN ORDER TO CONTINUE TO USE SYMLIN. Bring back the Symlin vial.... PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE REVIEW. I am one of the original member's of the DCCT (Diabetes Control and Complications Trail), as well as one of the original member's of the on-going EDIC Study. I am one of the original test participants / patients to utilize Symlin as part of my diabetes management. Symlin was originally given by injection from a vial and my results were fantastic, great, dependable and predicable. I originally lost 45 pounds and enjoyed a fantastic increase in my blood sugar control as a result of using Symlin injected from a vial. I WAS VERY PLEASED. However, then came the Corporate decision to cease producing Symlin in vial form and go to a injectable pen delivery system and change/modify the Symlin strength/dosage concentration. In my opinion, as well as other patients and doctors, it is the biggest mistake that could have been made. A decision that as far as we can tell was made with little or no input from doctor's or patients involved in the daily use of Symlin as part of Diabetes management. I find the current pen delivery system inconsistent, not dependable and difficult to use. Effectiveness rating was 5, now 3. Ease of use rating was 5, now 3. Satisfaction was 5, now 3. Corporate decsion rating -5. AGAIN, BRING BACK THE SYMLIN VILE AND LET US, THE PATIENTS AND THE DOCTORS MAKE THE DECISION WHICH DELIVERY SYSTEM WORKS BEST FOR US.

Comment from: Pam, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 25

I just ended a 1 week trial of Symlin. I'm also taking Humalog and Lantus. I was on Victoza before Symlin. For the week I've been taking it, I've had a vice like headache and extreme fatigue. My blood sugars at first were great but as the week went on, they increased and this morning I had a fasting sugar of 296. This drug didn't work for me.

Related Reading: Lantus | Victoza | headache

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: August 08

I have taken 30 units for 4 months. I have lost 15 lbs and decreased insulin by 1/3. Before symlin, after meal BS would be 200-300. Now after meals, BS range is 130-170. Because of fatigue, I do not take if I am driving after a meal. Sometimes I feel nauseated, but the benefits are worth the occasional side effects.

Comment from: Abraham VargheseW, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 08

Symlin is OK. It has reduced the glucose fluctuations moderately in both pre and post prandial states. My question is this .. when you have a very low uptake of glucometer at around 3% in low income countries and at the max 50% noted in urban areas and then 'stick up' rate around half of those at the end of 1 year, how can we use symlin in these patients and how effective in these low monitoring patients.