Synercid User Reviews

Synercid - User Reviews

Synercid User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Synercid sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: booblessbarbie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

I have bilateral metistatic breast cancer and I had Staph, MRSA, and VRE (vancomycin-resistant enterococci). In the hospital they put me on Synercid and almost immediately I began to have SEVERE joint pain then the pain went to every nerve ending in mh skin. Nobody could touch me or put a sheet over me without me screaming in agony. After I was like that for a few days and believe me, I was praying for God to take me and put me out of my misery but after a few days I became completely paralized. They finally found out what caused this so they took me off of the Synercid and I regained use of my arms and legs and was pain free within 1 week. I'd kill myself before I'd ever let them put me on this medicine again.

Related Reading: breast | cancer | MRSA

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 25

I have CHF and have an LVAD waiting for transplant. I was infected with MRSA while in the hospital, and the infection is now in my LVAD. When first taking the medicine I had SEVERE joint pain, almost unbearable. Since then the dose has been cut in half and pain has greatly improved. It still stinks having to take it every 12 hours but the fact that the pain is gone makes things 100% better. AND it's working!

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 07

Used med for right side Endocarditis. Caused severe joint pain and tenderness. Hassle of 3 times a day IV dose. Had to switch back to Daptomyicin IV, joint pain gone & only one dose a day.

Related Reading: Endocarditis