Synvisc User Reviews

Synvisc - User Reviews

Synvisc User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Synvisc sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: linda, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 04

had arthroscopic surgery 18 months ago,and found the pain symptoms retd, had 3 injections of synvisc in oct and can walk 3kms at a time again without any pain pills.

Related Reading: synvisc

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 25

54 yr old and was told that I needed a knee replacement 4 yrs ago, synvisc has saved me the trouble and pain of knee replacement and I can still do my job as a plumbing contractor. With knee replacement my job would have been in jepardy. I usually get the 3injections approximately every yr and they are somewhat painful but work.

Comment from: Cop, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 14

I am a 51 year old male law enforcement officer that has suffered with knee pain for years and this treatment has been very effective for me. This is the fifth time I've had the treatment and I'm very pleased.

Related Reading: knee pain

Comment from: chrispix53, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 26

54 yr old f. Have had knee problem since grade school. Had 3 ops. About 4 yrs ago, I had Synvisc inj for 1st time. Everything was fine. Last year, 2nd time injections were uncomfortable, but tolerable & knee pain was gone. I was able to walk around Europe for 2 weeks. Just had Synvisc inj for the 3rd time this month. Horrible pain during shots, swelling, unable to straighten knees or walk for 3 days after 1st two shots. During 3rd shot, I begged dr. to stop & was crying it was so painful. That was 5 days ago-my knees are twice as painful as before the shots & I have trouble doing everything. My dr. says I cannot have them anymore, he thinks the Synvisc has irritated the joint. This was my last hope for pain relief. I have been to 4 drs & they don't want to do a replacement until I reach 60! I'll be in a wheelchair before that!

Comment from: CKEN2512@AOL.COM, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 23

HAD ARTHOSCOPIC SURGERY IN DEC 08 PAIN RETURNED AFTER 2 MONTHS. 2 CORTISONE SHOTS STILL NOIMPROVEMENT. THEN HAD A SERIES OF SYNVISC SHOTS THE PAIN IS WORSE NOW THEN BEFORE SURGERY

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 04

43 y/o military flyer with left knee repair Aug 07. Now back to training for multisport events with no knee pain/inflamation following treatment.

Comment from: Michigander, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 25

I got my first series of 3 shots in February,08.I felt the benefit after about 4 weeks and this allowed me to return to my normal activities. The pain returned in November 08 and just had my second series of 3 shots . This time the releif was almost immediate. Taking shots was not a problem at all.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 31

49yr old male, had shots 3yrs ago for pain and has worked.Now ready for round 2.Hope to get at least 3 more yrs. Dr does not want to do knee repl. until after 50yrs old

Comment from: jody dickens, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 01

painfree injection and normally lasts 3to4 months

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 01

My lateral leg felt like acid was eating my nerves and flesh. I've had rapid muscle atrophy following the shots as well. If you start to feel pain from this, consider the fact that you may be allergic. My doctor dismissed my reaction and it cost me. My knee joint feels good, but it wasn't worth a month of intense agony.

Comment from: Toadress, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 07

Other than having 5 weeks of injections, it was a good experience twice. Within 2 months, I was pain free.... then I tried to do what I used to do (kneel to do exercises) and had a flare up. So I have just completed a second set of shots. So far, everything is going well.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options