Synvisc User Reviews

Synvisc - User Reviews

Synvisc User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Synvisc sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: chan52, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

I have had knee pain for several years,tryed synvisc did not work for me.

Comment from: airforce7, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

I had OA in both knees. It took 3 sets of injections (9 shots in each knee) at 6 month intervals to get lasting relief. I had the same doctor and he was excellent in giving the injections. The last treatment was over 1 year ago and I have no complaints. I am able to walk 5 miles almost every day and then sleep at night with no pain in my knees.

Comment from: 505050, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

I had 3 injection in both kness back in Oct 08 it has givin me great relif from serious knee pain and has givin me the ability to continue working with very little pain. It workes for me.

Comment from: Benly, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 25

Ever since I had the injections, I've had severe pain off and on, sometimes for hours. My knee is now always tender where my tendons and ligaments fasten. Before the shots, I had a pinch that would happen on the inside of my knee as I took each step. After the first shot swelling of the lower leg started. Within a few days of the second shot, my whole knee was sore. After the third shot, I started losing bending range in my knee. After two months, I still had severe pain. An MRI was performed and it exposed a torn meniscus right where I was suffering the pinching sensation on the inside of my knee. That has since been repaired, and the pinch has subsided, but all the other pain is still haunting me. It has been four months since the shots and six weeks since the surgery. I have yet to gain back my flexibility and I have the same pain that started after the shots and before the surgery. The doctor continues to say, "give it time."

Related Reading: torn meniscus

Comment from: clymer7686, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 24

I'm 73 yrs old with damaged knees and OA. I have had my 2nd shot for the 1st series of 2. So far they have been wonderful and I can walk without a cane and do light tasks. My last shot in this series is June 4, 09. Hoping for more great relief.

Comment from: wolf, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

I was receiving Synvisc injections once a week for 3 weeks for Meniscus tear. After a 2 week pause I got 3 more injections over 3 week.It reduces my pain for about 3-4 days after an injection. Still experience sharp pain with certain knee movements and even when in bed. The injections are almost painless for me. Synvisc seems to alleviate pain for a short time, but did not cure the cause of my pain. I did not observe any side effects. I also have Polyarthritis, polymyalgia and had surgery in my other knee to repair a comminuated kneefracture, ACL and MCL. Now both of my knees are not working properly and I am in constant pain.

Comment from: Bohdana, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 27

I just had a Synvisc One injection in each knee today. I just read many comments from people who thought the injections were so painful that they would not ever have them again. My experience was the opposite. Compared to the chronic knee pain I have the injection pain was like nothing! Do not let their warnings stop you from trying something that could give you relief. It does take 30 days to to see if it's effective so I'm hoping for the best. I'll let you know when I know! Good luck to you ....

Comment from: PSUTENNIS, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 25

AFTER MY 3RD TREATMENT, I BEGAN HAVING SIGNFICANT KNEE SWELLING, SO MUCH SO THAT I COULD BARELY WALK. MY KNEE WAS DRAINED OF 60 ML (2 TIMES) AND A COURSE OF ORAL STEROIDS TO REDUCE SWELLLING. NOTHING HELPED. I HAVE NOW GONE 6 WEEKS WITH ABSOLUTELY NO RELIEF; MY SURGEON GIVES ME NO ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND HAS NO INTEREST IN ASSISTING FURTHER. I HAD NO IDEA THAT THIS DRUG WAS SO TOXIC; I AM A TENNIS PLAYER, UNDER 50, AND SERIOUSLY CONCERNED ABOUT THE DAMAGE THIS TREATMENT HAS INFLICTED ON MY KNEE. IT IS NOT WORTH THE RISK; THE PAIN WITH THE INJECTIONS IS MUCH WORSE THAN THE PAIN IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING SURGERY.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 11

I have OA in both knees, left knee had 3 scops, cortisone shots and synvisc which did not help me at all, end result was total knee replacement in that knee. The synvisc injections were mildly uncomfortable, but tollerable. The drug just did not offer the relief that I was hoping for. I suffered no complications from the injections.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options