Synvisc-One User Reviews

Synvisc-One - User Reviews

Synvisc-One User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Synvisc-One sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: wallacemathteach, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 30

I read the reviews two nights ago after I had received Synvisc One in my left knee. I have no cartilage left and have exhausted all other options. The reviews made me nervous. It was too late to turn back. My knee was uncomfortable after the shot (felt like a wedge of rubber was stuffed in my knee joint). But I kept telling myself, you've gone from no cartilage to what amounted to full cartilage. 1st day was uncomfortable, 2nd day was better, and today, the 3rd day I have spent most the day without my unloader brace and have experienced almost no discomfort. I am a weenie when it comes to shots and this one wasn't something to sneeze at. Will I do it again? If today is any indication of what's to come, then my answer is absolutely. I am 54 and am not ready to go through a knee replacement. If I can hold off for another 2-3 years, then great. Make sure your dr. uses numbing spray and novacaine. Once your knee is numb, the shot is still uncomfortable because of the pressure. For me, it was 6 ml. of liquid going into a non-existant space. It was like "jacking" the bones apart. I won't lie, the first two days were uncomfortable (but less painful than before the shot) and my knee felt really wierd. But given that my knee was excruciatingly painful to walk on before the shot, I didn't have anything to lose. All things are relative!

Related Reading: Synvisc

Comment from: deer hunter, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 12

My husband had knee surgery and within months was hurting again and limping really bad. Did the Synvisc shot and within one month was totally pain free. Had no trouble with the shot, no pain, no stiffness. He is very active and can anything he wants pain free. He will take the shot again when needed.

Comment from: sharongladys, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 24

I've used synvisc 1 before with some side effects, but this time was excruciating! Doc said severe allergic reaction. 3 weeks later I am still in severe pain, both knee's, unable to bare weight for any extended time. doing water therapy, icing, resting. stretching often as tolerated, swollen.Doc says will get better in time. How much time? Does anyone have any suggestions? Please help me!!!

Comment from: gardenqueen, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 11

CAUSED SWELLING AND PAIN AND I HAVE A RASH FROM HIP TO ANKEL. My knee just gives out and I can fall very easy. I cant belive how much it hurts! Regular Synvisc worked very well. I got a email from synvisc telling abought synvisc one. So I ask my Dr. My mistake !!! So not worth It !

Related Reading: RASH

Comment from: dyrc, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 25

Medication caused painful swelling, joint instability, muscle spasms of lower leg. Didn't have this much pain from OA as this has inflicted. Thought this would help but definately not worth it to me. Who would want this much pain? Natural childbirth was less painful! Extremely unhappy. Spouse had to take time off to help me do activities of daily living. Been on steroids to help with side effects and still not doing well.

Related Reading: muscle spasms

Comment from: JGould, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 27

Had first injection of Synvisc One in July of 2010. Injection was easy, relatively pain free, and quick. I've had effective pain relief for 1 year with 85% pain reduction in use and elimination of night pain. I've had a second injection today, 7/27/2011 again with no pain during the procedure and am looking forward to another year of incredible pain reduction. Previously had used cortisone injections with slight pain reduction for only several weeks.

Comment from: myshel, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 07

I read all the reviews off of here & I didn't know what to think, they scared me. Had the shot & no problem. I even walked home 6 blocks after having it done. I just came home & iced it off & on all day, no pain pills needed. My knee feels great as of now,I just hope it last 6 months. I would do this again.

Comment from: mich2ok, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 13

51 yo female athlete-My OS recommended this to relieve my OA symptoms. What a nightmare! The first injection was relatively pain free but the other knee was not so fortunate! I had immediate pain and muscle spasms and within 9 hours I had swelling in that knee by the following morning I was in MISERY! Within 24 hours BOTH knees were involved, I ended up on steroids,muscle relaxants (to help with the spasms),and narcotics for the intense pain! I had both knees drained for 50-60 cc of fluid and both injected with steroids!I used crutches to steady my gait and ended up in PT since my muscles were in spasms for so long that walking on my own was not safe. A few nights after I had them drained I experienced pain when I rolled over in bed. (The knee joint was still inflammed and unstable) To my astonishment I had torn my meniscus and lost cartilage on my tibia. I just had surgery to repair the meniscus and microfracture my tibia. I will now spend multiple weeks on crutches and who knows how long in PT. Not to mention that this is all coming out of my pocket!!! I also have residual muscle involvement causing my quad tendon to be tight and sore. All of this result of the Synvisc One. Instead of a summer vacation hiking and running with my husband I'm strapped to machines to keep me from developing scar tissue and cold compression unit to help with the pain,narcotics for the intense pain of having bone on bone and more PT with the hope I may at least avoid a total knee in the near future.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options