Synvisc-One User Reviews

Synvisc-One - User Reviews

Synvisc-One User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Synvisc-One sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Kim, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 28

I am 32 years old with OA and am too young for a knee replacement. My ortho suggested Synvisc One. It has been 4 weeks since the shot and I have absolutely no change in my knee at all. If anything it may be worse. Still grinding and popping, still swollen, still really painful when I stand, and can't fully straighten my knee. I am very disappointed.

Comment from: scarlettgail, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 26

I got Synvisc One injected into both knees three days ago and the immediate pain of the injection was horrible. The doctor said the medication was very thick and hard to push in. I am pretty tough but the pain almost made me sick and feel faint. I have taken the Synvisc of three injections two years ago and did great with them. I think I even came home from the doctor and worked outdoors. Not so, with Synvisc One. I had to have my family member get a wheelchair from the doctor's office to wheel me to our car. I couldn't straighten my knee out and forget being able to bear any weight on it. The swelling and pain were totally debilitating. The last 2 days I have had to be wheeled through my house in an office chair! I called the office where I received these injections and told the nurse of the severity of my symptoms. She acted shocked and said they have never had a patient that couldn't walk out of the office after receiving the injections, which made me feel really lousy. Of course, I hadn't found this website yet. I am on the third day now and THANK GOD, I am able to stand with knees still bent, with a cane. I don't know how many days I'll be on a can or when I can straighten my leg out to bear full weight. I have contacted the mfg. and was told that their data says you are more likely to have negative reactions if you are a repeat Synvisc user, and I am. I'm not sure I buy their story. I personally believe that one injection of 6 ml. is too much fluid to be inj. into a knee joint at one time. The Synvisc three inj. are 2 ml. given at three different times over three weeks. I don't think it has anything to do with a "reaction" because they swear the medication is the exact same, the dosage is just tripled. I WILL NEVER HAVE SYNVISC ONE AGAIN! If I get over this, I might consider Synvisc 3 somewhere down the road. Anyone out there considering Synvisc One, I'd read all these bad results on here and consider the Synvisc 3. Run from Synvisc One.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 15

I lived with knee pain for years. I had the synvisc one shot and within a few weeks the pain is gone. I can climb and walk without any pain. I will go back for another when this one wears off I feel great.

Related Reading: knee pain

Comment from: Aiea_Nana, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 03

Received Synvisc 1 injection in knee one week ago. Have had arthroscopic surgery on the knee twice and been diagnosed with osteoarthritis. Receiving the injection was "uncomfortable" but not screaming pain. Ice was applied intermittently for 6-8 hours following the injection. In the last week the response has been discomfort in all parts of the leg but the knee. Muscle in calf aches (throbs), area in back of knee aches, standing after being seated for more than 10 minutes is painful and difficult requiring time to get the knee to feel lubricated before it can take weight. If sleeping with leg bent it causes discomfort upon straightening of the leg. Literature indicates full benefits from Synvisc 1 can take up to 12 weeks. If my situation improves I will re-evaluate this review.

Related Reading: osteoarthritis

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 22

After having AS on both knees and living with continued knee pain, my OS suggested Synvisc 1. I had the first injection in my right knee just over a year ago. A little sting from the numbing needle, but no pain at all from the big one. Relief was immediate and continued from day one. I had the left knee done 2 months later with same result. Unfortunately my relief only lasted for between 4 and 5 months and pain gradually returned. At six month mark had right knee injected a second time with same results as first and yesterday had my left knee injected for second time....again with same results. My OS told me I need both knees replaced and may qualify for a partial knee replacement, but this treatment is buying me time meanwhile. I would not hesitate to get them again. No pain from injection, or post injection and other than a slight "full" feeling in my knee immediately afterward, no side affects. The knee that was injected yesterday morning feels normal and pain free now.

Comment from: chilover, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 18

I was very scared to get the shots. Needed it in both knees. Just had it done 4 hours ago and it was nothing like some of the people said. they numbed the area with a freezing spray and injected the needle on the side of the knee. It felt like a regular shot. Not really painful at all and very quick. I'm hoping I get the benefits from the shots but won't know for a few weeks.If you relax your leg, it helps it to not be painful.I put this off for a year because of my fear and now I feel rediculous and should have done it then. Don't be afraid to try it. Good Luck!

Comment from: TERRYTAG, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 11

Had the new synvisc one injection on 3/23/11 in the past i did the 5 shots ovr 5 weeks that went very well and really helped,,,This shot has been a nightmare hurt like heck when injected and just got worse and worse ice,bandage,,hi dose of pain meds isnt even helping.. so I guess Im going to call my Dr right now...here I thought it wd help and now extreeem pain...do ur homeowrk before getting this ONE injection..wish I did..

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options