Synvisc-One User Reviews

Synvisc-One - User Reviews

Synvisc-One User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Synvisc-One sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Mentu, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 31

Reading some of the other reviews it seems that I am taking a different drug. I have now begun my 3rd year with Synvisc. I agree that the injections are a little uncomfortable but they have never been painful and I've now had 8 of them. My doctor uses a topical anesthetic but one does feel an uncomfortable pressure as the gel is injected but it has never hurt. My knees feel puffy each time but I've never had a problem walking away from the doctor's office. I've experienced a little benefit at the beginning but synvisc doesn't really start working at it best for three to four weeks. I would suggest that if your experience differs then you either have problems other than OA or the person who injected your knees didn't do it correctly. With Synvisc, I am able to walk and ride without discomfort which makes my life an awful lot better and it postpones knee replacement.

Comment from: Nimrod, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 11

Medial meniscus removed in '78. Spiral fracture involving knee in '98. Knee replacement is inevitable. Had never heard of Synvisc. Went to ortho to discuss knee replacement and he suggested it. Other than insurance company runaround, it is a complete success. Dr. shot some Xylocaine or something in there before the Synvisc. NO PAIN. Knee swelled up for a couple of days and maybe throbbed a little but the recduction in pain from the arthritis was immediate and amazing. My only advice would be to have a sports medicine or joint replacement specialist do it. My take on reading reviews about it is that some doctors just do not know how to properly inject it.

Related Reading: fracture | Xylocaine | arthritis

Comment from: evrblue, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 15

I have OA and bursitis in both knees, repair of meniscus in L knee, excruciating pain in R knee, walking with cane for over 3 yrs. Got this injection from a Joint Specialist @ Hershey Medical Center, PA. Injection in R knee hurt like HELL. I cried out with the pain. Even trigger point injections in my spine hurt less than this. L knee was not as bad. Had this done on 5/13/10, it's now 5/15/10. I have some brusing and some soreness at injection site, BUT: NO POPPING, NO GRINDING, NO STICKING in either knee, and it is already easier to climb stairs. I hope this will continue, and even as bad as it hurt I would have the injection again. Just be prepared for the pain at the time of injection.

Related Reading: bursitis

Comment from: Sassy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 30

I am 45 had a traumatic injury 15 years ago I had this shot for the first three days I had real bad muscle spasms' in lower legs, so far knee is still hurting.

Comment from: Joe46golf, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 05

I have had knee pain for many years but lived with it because I didn't want to have knee replacement. My doctor suggested Synvisc one and after only 24 hours I am completely pain free. I have tried to stay off my feet since the injections yesterday morning. I am a huge fan.

Comment from: sparks, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 27

Took a few weeks but no pain and lasted at least 4 - 5 months before I required another shot.

Comment from: Kim129, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 29

Today, I had the Synvisc-One injection in my right knee, I have had my left knee replaced. I like this treatment much better than with the 3 injections given with regular Synvisc. Today's treatment was not painful, and I experienced relief before I even left the doctors office. I was told, however, that the treatment may only last 4 - 6 months because of the severity of my knee damage. My doctor said my insurance company would approve the treatment every 4 months. I was also told that the only treatment that will actually help, is total knee replacement, which because of the pain from the surgery, I don't want. I hope this works for at least 4 months.

Related Reading: Synvisc-One

Comment from: rxspence, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 04

I am very happy with the results. The MD told me that it was going to take about a month to feel the complete results. He was right, one month later I am pain free. I am also doing exercises at home to rehab which I could not do prior to the medication.

Arthritis

Get the latest treatment options