Tagamet User Reviews

Tagamet - User Reviews

Tagamet User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tagamet sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: dsplawn, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 25

I do not exactly know why I am on this medicine. I was dignosed with IC about 3 weeks ago and the dr. put me on this medicine also. I think it was to cut down on the acid that may have built up in my bladder. if that was the case then it has seemed to help. I take elminrod also and i can see a difference in my pelvic pain!

Comment from: jackpitchford@att.net, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 26

Great Medication, but..it does cause me to have severe toung coating.

Comment from: ittybittyme, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 03

I have infiltrating lobular carcinoma breast cancer. I am currently undergoing chemothrapy and have a lot of heartburn. This drug has been effective in treating the heartburn and I occassionally use tums in between. I did not know it could interfere with absorbsion of tagamet and this was very helpful. I will be more careful if the heartburn gets severe and I need tums in between doses.

Related Reading: breast | cancer | heartburn

Comment from: Bonnie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 03

I take 1 to 2 600mg.a day as prescribed by my doctor. I recently tried Nexus for 2 weeks and found it worked even better, but at $3.00 a pill can't afford it, I have a Canadian Drug Plan but the Government will not approve this med.

Comment from: weeky, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 13

I have not felt any different and I have taken it for 3 months

Comment from: gdschld1440, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 20

You have to be very careful with dosing. Here is a quote from wikipedia regarding the two substances in black seed oil that can be a dangerous side effect if taken too much. Anything more than 2 tspn per day is toxic. "Nigella sativa oil (black cumin seed oil) contains nigellone, which protects guinea pigs from histamine-induced bronchial spasms[6] (perhaps explaining its use to relieve the symptoms of asthma, bronchitis, and coughing). The presence of the sterol beta-sitosterol lends credence to its traditional use to treat abscesses and tumors of the abdomen, eyes, and liver.[7] N. sativa oil has been reported to be effective in treating opioid dependence.[8] N. sativa also has been reported to reduce calculi formation in rats' kidneys.[9] The oil contains melanthin, nigilline, damascene and tannins. Melanthin is toxic in large doses and nigelline is paralytic, so this spice must be used in moderation"

Related Reading: asthma | liver