Talacen User Reviews

Talacen - User Reviews

Talacen User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Talacen sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: fisherman1, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 15

I am a 190 lb male. I have been taking pain medication for over 20 years and have tried many. While I am currently using Oxycottin, Talacen was the very best. It enabled me to function and work the same as I did prior to my auto accident. I took it 3 times a day for about 3 years. In addition to eliminating pain, it also gave me a feeling of well being. I could concentrate better. No side effects with me whatsoever. However, after 3 years it's effectivness dimished. It also was a fraction of the cost of Oxycottin. I have never used a more effective pain killer. One person on this site said it's no longer made. I asked my local Wallmart and they said no problem with getting it. Try the generic name because this has been on the market a long time and may have lost it's patent. If you suffer with Occasional BREAKTHREW pain...that is the worst.....This is break down and cry pain... ask you doctor for 1 or 2mg of Valium and normal dose of Talacen. I have never found anything more effective! People who have this kind of pain understand what I am talking about.

Related Reading: Talacen | Valium

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

I took this medicine for 2 days. It was good for the pain but it made me irritated, moody, depressed, and very angry. i actually felt like I had to hit something or someone. Thankfully I was able to contain the feelings until the Talacen got out of my system. I changed pain medication the very next day before I hurt someone.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 22

I used this after my hysterectomy. It took 30-45 minutes to kick in for pain. After it kicked in, it was wonderful. It gave me the relief to move around comfortably to my limitations without exceeding them.

Comment from: washawtaw, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 20

I took talacen for several years and then my doctor told me it was no longer available. My doctor switched me to another pain medication but it is not as effective. I want to switch back to talacen. Is there any one manufacturing TALACEN? If so who???? It really worked for me.

Comment from: kingtony54, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 21

Sever pain in neck, down left arm. Thought carpel tunnel but pinched nerve in C6 C7. Took for almost 1 year no problems no pain. Dr. told me one day I will take it & it won't work then time 4 surgery. He was right. took it one morning nothing took more still nothing more & still nothing. Surgery 2 weeks later. Fine now.

Related Reading: pinched nerve

Comment from: susan, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 22

I take 25mg. bid prn for back pain. I have hallucinations the next day and a headache. Does not relieve the pain as expected it would. I do get a "high" from it and could not be expected to drive etc. I will continue to take but i would like to know what usual dose for others for pain is?! Can anyone tell me?

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: KittieMom, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: August 17

I was in a car accident wich destroyed my jaw and gave me permanent never-ending headaches. I spent YEARS and flucked out of several prominent pain clinics before my doctor stumbled on this. It has been a MIRACLE!!! I went from almost flunking out of school from pain to a 4.0 and now have my doctorate. My pain is almost non-existent most days (only arthritic days... different reasons). I have been on it 13 YEARS now on the same dose (4 times per day with some fleixibility if I have a lot of pain). This is the original dose... 13 years later!!! It is amazing. The last couple of years I did start to have issue getting it- it was on "back order" including the generic, seemed to be made by the brand manufacturer. Now Watson makes a generic that works just as well and have no problems getting it. I did start to fret as I had trouble a couple of months last year FINDING it (CVS will not order from another store to provide adequate quantity). I go through Walgreens with no problems (my regular pharmacy does not use Watson for generics so it would cost me another $50/mo so I use Walgreens). I have no additction issues (it is closely monitored) nor do I feel a "high." For me, it has been a miracle and nothing different than taking my diabetes medication. My prescribing doctor now tries other patients on it as well. It is an over-looked, under-utilized pain medication that works so effectively and enables me to lead a normal life again. It has also been safe for pregnancy and breast-feeding for you women out there (again, thoroghly discussed/researched with doctor before conception ever took place).

Related Reading: diabetes | pregnancy | breast