Talacen User Reviews

Talacen - User Reviews

Talacen User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Talacen sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

My OB prescribed Talacen to me after I had my c-section with my twins. I had never even heard of this medication before then. It worked well, but made me dizzy and drowzy, and I noticed it also affected my breastfed babies. I took it for 2-3 days and stopped. It did help me get up on my feet and able to move around after my surgery, but I didnt like the dizziness I felt with it. Good medication, overall, in my opinion.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: catlover, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 16

After taking this med in a very short time i am able to tolerate the pain from my arthritis in my knee and all over pain in my body

Related Reading: arthritis

Comment from: IllinoisResident, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 16

I would occasionally use this medication for back pain and menstral cramps. It was very effective and I had no issues; then one day I took my prescribed dose and was so nauseated that I had to go to bed. I tried using it a few times after that and I had the same side effect. I no longer take the medication ... it was not worth the nausea and dizziness that came out of nowhere!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

Don't waste your time on this med.It don't even touch the pain,the two times I took it had nasty headaches, nausea,extreame sweating ,tremmors and had to be in the bed until it wore off i thought I was going to die. I don't know what the DR.was thinking when he/she perscribed this one,it was a waste of my time and money.

Comment from: praxix, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 10

I was in a near fatal auto accident about 3 years ago. I have several painful conditions from the wreck including spinal injuries, migraine headaches, numbness in my left arm, etc. Additionally, I have Fibromyalgia and arthritis and both hands and knees. I started pain management soon after the wreck and was prescribed useless Lortba (mostly hyped up Tylenol which should be abnned due to liver problems it causes), then to Opana ER 30mg three X a day which worked great until about a year ago when the company reformulated it and it didn't work well at all. Next came Nyucenta (new and useless for severe chronic pain). It made me vomit and feel awful. Next was Kadian which was okay, but also made me nauseated. As many PM doctors are, when I explained certain changes weren't working well for me, I suppose I was labeled too "complex." Recently, I started the Talacen at 3X day (there is only one strength-25mg/650mg tylenol and it is totally useless in controlling my severe pain. I was offered OxyContin, but declined due to the "nature of the beast" in that most abused of all pain medications. Why so much Tylenol?? Has anyone really had sucess with Talacen? I have only been on it 3 days. Does it get better? God Bless everyone with true pain issues. Those out there who abuse, divert, sell for profit are sure making it tough here in Florida to get the help we need with so many new laws that, in my opinion, the State of Florida has NO business getting involved in doctor/patient decisions. If you happen to read this and are a pain medication dealer or abuser, stay outta Florida!!

Related Reading: migraine | Fibromyalgia | pain management