Talwin Nx User Reviews

Talwin Nx - User Reviews

Talwin Nx User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Talwin Nx sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 04

I have sciatic nerve damage and Talwin NX goes straight to the area that hurts and does not make me dizzy or leave me with any side effects.

Related Reading: Talwin NX

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

I took this medication after massive rotator cuff repair surgery. I found this to be a very effective medication to relieve residual pain and discomfort. I experienced dry mouth and a mild feeling of ichiness in my face. Otherwise I had no other side effects. I felt overall it was a very effective pain medication.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

I've been dependent on opiates (oxycodone, hydrocodone, methadone) for pain management for 9 years (bulging disks/severe muscle spasms/pinched nerve). During the past year my daily dosage increased 8 to 10 pills a day (10mg percocet or lortab)--these medicines alleviated my pain and allowed me to continue working a seven-day a week schedule...but my thinking was always cloudy and I was crabby and just always felt like I was poisoned...slowly dying. Even worse that I was always running out and no matter how much pain I was experiencing, some doctor or nurse made me feel worse with snide comments which made me feel like a junkie...hell, even though I WAS in chronic pain and required these meds, I STILL felt like a junkie. Anyway, I voiced my concerns to my doctor and he prescribed me Talwin NX. AMAZING! It totally wipes out my pain...to a point that I fear I will hurt myself in the gym as I can't feel any pain when doing ab exercises (with oxy- and hydro- I could still pinpoint the origin of the pain)...I went from a slight limp to speed walking and jumping in and out of my lifted ford truck. Side effects are minimal...in fact, I can't really notice anything different except MAYBE a tad bit of increased alertness, a slight 'speed' effect...but my body does not CRAVE the medicine...I do not feel like crap when the effects of the medicine dimimish (in fact, I only feel dulled pain in the usual spots)...I've only been taking Talwin for one week, but I'm so excited about it that I'm sitting here at 530am writing about it... Ironically, before I started typing this (about 15 min ago), I was hurting pretty bad and unable to walk without stabbing debilitating pain in my hip and lower back (my usual morning routine), and my neck, back and hip throbbed as I sat...and now I'm barely feeling any pain...it only takes 15 minutes for one pill to start working and the effects seem to last 3 to 8 hours... I'm 36 yr old and male...and I'm very grateful for this medicine.

Comment from: mollie6458, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 03

For cronic pain management; I have been taking Talwin NX for 10++ yrs for Lupus(SLE), fibromyalgia, RA & other cronic autoimmune disorders. In the beginning all I could think about was finding a way to lessen the pain. It was controlling my life. My Dr. tried many different meds before discovering Talwin to be the best to help manage my pain. The 1st week I felt a bit nervous and a little shakey but soon the side effects subsided. I'm glad I stayed with Talwin because I believe I found the best relief for myself under some of the most horrible conditions possible and wouldn't change it for anything. God Bless you all and thank you for reading my post.

Related Reading: Lupus | fibromyalgia

Comment from: Debbie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 28

I have chronic neck and back pain, have been on many differant meds over the last seven years. This one I have been on for six weeks, and I feel like I have my life back... it's easier to function. I don't feel over or under medicated. It's a God send!

Comment from: Andrea, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 12

I have three herniated discs from an accident 4 years ago. From the ER they gave me a scrip for 60 Hydrocodone, which I quickly went through. When I saw my family Dr. he refilled the prescription for 60 Hydrocodone with 2 refills. The next thing I knew I was physically dependent on Hydrocodone. I told him I felt that I was physically dependent on the Hydrocodone and he switched me to Talwin NX. Now I see my chiropractor once a week and take Celebrex and Talwin NX. This works very well to manage the pain. In the beginning I felt a little "woozy" when taking Talwin, but the side effects were gone after the first two weeks. I have never felt sleepy on Talwin NX unless I have taken the doses too closely together. I am glad this medication exists.

Related Reading: Celebrex