Talwin Nx User Reviews

Talwin Nx - User Reviews

Talwin Nx User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Talwin Nx sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JaxChick, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 22

I have chronic hip pain from a birth defect. Surgery is not an option at this time. One doctor took me off hydrocodone and put me on Talwin NX. Help was negligible. I had seriously weird dreams and felt sharp pains and aches all over if I went without a dose. I had to take it dead on schedule or I was in trouble. I wish it helped. I ended up going back on the hydrocodone after some time had passed (agonist vs antagonist issues) and it helped me more than the Talwin NX did. I also had a very hard time finding a pharmacy that stocked this without having to order it and wait a week everytime I needed a refill. This is an older drug, from what my doc told me. He doesn't recommend using it but has tried it from time to time with patients who weren't responding well to traditional meds.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

I don't know if it eased the pain because of the severe hallucinations I had after taking the first dose. I received the prescription mid-morning and had to be rushed to the hospital emergency room shortly after the first dose..

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 03

Worked very well for pain and helped me sleep through the night.

Comment from: slim, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I have two Hernisted disc in my lower back I have taken this med. for over 20yrs. It works great during seasons the wheather dont change from hot to cold over night. When the wheather is steady, mainly in summer they work just great.

Comment from: HellBuck, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

I can not comment on the effective as a pain reliever because I was so sick after taking this drug that I stopped!

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 07

I've been useing talwin for 23 years for broken femur and pelvis damage and various knee problems. I have been a believer in Talwin for a lot of years. Works great.

Comment from: tw, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 09

has helped a great deal with lower back pain!

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 09

I HAVE HAD A REACTION TO MED, IT SEEMS TO MAKE ME VERY SHAKY, A THOUSAND ANTS BITING ALL AT ONCE, HAVING VERY HOT FLASHES,AND SWEATS

Related Reading: HOT FLASHES

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 05

I've only been on this medication for one week . for cervical neck pain . I have no side effects as of yet . It works wonderful for me . I was taking codine before , with little help for my pain relief .

Comment from: Elizabeth, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 25

This medication has never worked. I couldn't tell I had taken anything for pain. I have been on it for a week and a half and I can barely move. It does nothing for my pain. I will be calling my doctor tomorrow to change. I just don't understand why it doesn't work on me.

Comment from: Barf, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 10

The only reason I was dissatisfied was that two hours later my wife called me to the bathroom where she was on the floor throwing up.

Chronic Pain/Back Pain