Tambocor User Reviews

Tambocor - User Reviews

Tambocor User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tambocor sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Faith, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 23

Tambocor saved me! I had good luck taking this medication. I have been taking 50mg twice daily for the past 5 years. Heart specialist wants me to stop taking medication. I decreased to 50mg once daily for the past 3 monthas and have done very well. I am nervous about not taking any medication b/c I don't want to go back to where I was. The last 3 days, I have not taken any and so far so good! I keep saying my prayers!!

Related Reading: Tambocor

Comment from: mick, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 09

I was put on this medication in a hospital in July '08 where they did a stress test because it's not recommended if you have blockages. In Jan '10 I experienced Sudden Cardiac Arrest. I'm only here because someone knew CPR. I was NEVER told that SCA was a side-effect! How can that be an acceptable side-effect? Death??? The book "Deadly Medicine" by Thomas J Moore was written in 1995 and is out of print now. What has happened since then? I wish I had read it before I agreed to take flecainide/tambocor. This is NOT acceptable!

Related Reading: stress | Sudden Cardiac Arrest

Comment from: Chester, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

I had AFib every couple days so Dr put me on this drug 200 mg-100 mg in a.m. and 100 mg in p.m. I hated it--caused tremendous amount of flutters (which I had not had any of these prior to the med-just AFib),pounding heart, numbness in arms and legs, short bouts of AFib and then convert. I called Dr after two weeks and wanted to go off med. He advised quit cold turkey and wanted to start me on Sotalol (sp?) three days later. I asked the Dr about just reducing the amount of Tambocor and he just thought it would be better to switch meds. I was against this much drug changing going on with my heart so I reduced the Tambocor on my own to 50 mg in a.m. and 50 mg in p.m. The first day of changing things were already better-- No more flutters and pounding. Sleeping better and less "foggy" feeling. So glad I just reduced instead of bouncing around to other drugs. Only been a few days but it feels wonderful to have a heart that I don't feel every second of the day. If you're struggling with this med, it may be the dosage, not the med itself.

Comment from: riveradi@soc.mil, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 21

I have had A-Fib since 1999. Been cardioverted numerous times. Up until last January 2009 I was in A-Fib 5-7 times a month. I started Tambocor and have been in a short A-fib spell for a couple of hours. Fantastic! I now walk/run and work out 4 times a week and feel great. I can not say enough about what this medicine has done to change my life.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 19

I had a fib and mitral valve prolapse. I feel so much better, no shortness of breath, more energetic since starting meds and getting heart rythym under control. I take 50 mg. 2-3 times a day. Medication should always be started in hospital so that doctor can control heart rythym and find right strength for you. Can have severe side effects. It has been a lifesaver for me.

Related Reading: mitral valve prolapse

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 02

I was treated with this medication for atrial fib.even though I have a right bundle branch blockage and the medication stopped my heart.

Comment from: LonelyFibber, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 22

I have paroxysmal lone afib. I was given intravenous flecainide in Holland on a business trip ten years ago; it was the first drug that had any effect. In 5 years previous, afib episode would last for hours to days; cardioversion was ineffective. When I returned to US, I started on 75 mg bid, along with metoprolol. When metoprolol was discontinued due to hypnogogic hallucinations, I started having fainting spells. Replacing metoprolol with atenolol solved the fainting problem, and for ten years my afib episodes happened only once or twice a year, and they last only about 4 hours (with an extra 1/2 dose of flecainide after 2 hours) During this time the daily flecainide dose was increased to 150mg bid. Last week I began a swarm of 2-4 hour afib episodes, 5 so far. Flecainide level in the blood is not yet back from the lab so don't know if bad batch of drug, or what; have an echocardiogram and stress test are scheduled in case something has changed for the worst. (I came to this site to check out rythmol, which will be considered if flecainide is no longer working)

Related Reading: fainting | atenolol | rythmol