Tamiflu User Reviews

Tamiflu - User Reviews

Tamiflu User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tamiflu sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: B, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 30

I am 30 years old and I was prescribed Tamiflu after being diagnosed with the flu. I felt better within a few hours of taking it. I was amazed. I was really sick and was worried that I may have to be hospitalized. I had been running a high fever and could hardly breathe. The only downside were the side effects. They were pretty bad. It left a terrible taste in my mouth and made everything I ate and drank taste terrible, like the medicine. I also felt very strange. I was very anxious, and had tense muscles with random tremors. My vision was a little blurry and everything just seemed to look weird or different. It is hard to explain, but it was very uncomfortable. I also felt confused a lot and I was having very strange thoughts, sometimes disturbing. This all may sound strange, but it is true. I want this to get out there so people can hear from someone that has had an unpleasant experience. I have been taking it for four days and still have one day left (two pills). I think I am going to skip the last two doses because I feel much better (from the flu symptoms) but I am growing more anxious the longer I take the medicine. Looking back, I'm not sure if I would have taken it knowing what I know now. I was feeling so strange that I did some research and discovered all this stuff about Tamiflu. It definitely made me feel better, but I traded that for a few days of semi-madness. I think I'll just get a flu vaccine next time so I don't have to worry about it. If I still get sick, I might just take my chances without the Tamiflu. I feel like I am on some kind of bad drug and I am close to losing control. Not a good feeling. Plus it cost me $100 for ten pills. I hope this helps anyone who may have questions or curiosities.

Related Reading: Tamiflu | flu | fever

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 13

Tamiflu was prescribed for our 6 year old son after having been diagnosed with the flu. He received his first does around noon the first day and his second dose approx. 9 hours later. About an hour or so after his second dose, while he was asleep, he woke up extremely confused and disoriented. He kept saying that things were flying around his head and that there were strings in his head. He babbled and rambled on and off for most of the night and at times was very scared. Needless to say, we discontinued the Tamiflu and will unfortunately just have to let the flu run it's course. We were very alarmed and disappointed with the results of the Tamiflu and would not consider using it again.

Comment from: teacher, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 25

I ended up in an ambulance and emergency room on my third morning of Tamiflu. I had climbed three flights of stairs and couldn't catch my breath after 20 minutes. I finally collapsed and could not move my arms and legs or urinate on command for 3 hours. I thought I had had a stroke. It scared me to death. It is now two weeks later and I am still very short of breath and am now taking the elevator.

Related Reading: stroke

Comment from: ANGRY MOM, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 09

My daughter was given tamiflu for early treatment of the flu. She took 3 doses and had to hospitalized due to her liver function test being almost triple the normal and she had a very depressed white blood cell count. the leaflet they give in the package does not say anything about these side affects but the Roche laboratories website for tamiflu has them listed adviseing that they did not find these symptoms in their trials but these were given to them by doctors. My daughters doctor and a specialist were called in to figure out what was causing the problem. They had never been told of these affects until i showed them the printout from the website they contacted Roche and i have contacted an attorney. Do not use this product the side affects are much worse than what they tell you and way worse than the flu.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: bizzymom23, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 04

The side effects from this drug are horrible and a bit disturbing. Although I was feeling some better after the 2nd dose I just don't know if I can handle another dose or not. This is the third day I've taken it but the side effects seem to be getting worse...vomiting, dizziness, being whacked out of my gourd, feeling kinda like I was having an out of body experience, changes in my breathing when I was able to sleep, and a terrible headache which isn't listed as a side effect but I wonder if it is. I just feel funny all over. I did take the flu shot both last year and this year as well and have had the flu 2 years in a row. Last year I didn't take tamiflu because it was so expensive and dr. though it may be a little late for it to be as effective...started taking this time within 24 hours but I'm thinkin I'd rather have just toughed it out.

Related Reading: dizziness | sleep | headache