Tamiflu User Reviews

Tamiflu - User Reviews

Tamiflu User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tamiflu sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: concerned father, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 04

DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THIS MEDICATION. We were given a prescription for our 9 year old daughter who had the flu. Within minutes of taking tamiflu, she would throw up. We quit after 4 attempts. This medication is a royal rip off. Doctors should be scolded for encouraging patients to take this junk medication.

Comment from: sheri, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 15

My 13 year old son started tamiflu within 48 hours of flu symptoms and complained of nausea, dizziness and altered tastes. I started tamiflu within 24 hours of flu symptoms and had to discontinue use after 6th dose because of severe dizziness, confusion, trembling, difficulty breathing and anxiety. Could not sleep because of disturbing dreams and bed spinning sensation. Woke up to urinate and fell to floor because of disorientation and dizziness. Do not advise taking this medication, getting the full-blown flu would have been more pleasant. Called doctor and was told that I was just having a known side effect of medication and should probably not take any more of it!! I am sorry I gave this medication to my son.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 20

My 22 month old daughter was diagnosed with influenza B. Her first and second doses (30ml) were immediately thrown up. I ended up mixing it with her juice. Upon calling our pharmacist, she said that it is one of the major problems with this medication. My daughter was able to keep it down with juice and I started to see her feeling better within hours.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 24

I gave this medicine to my then 4 year old daughter and she feel asleep within minutes when she woke up about 30 minutes later she was halicinating and grabbing at the air as if there was something there. She was very tearful and didn't seem to know what was going on. I never gave her another does I would rather deal with two more days of symptoms than watch my preschooler behave like she is on LSD!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 15

I Took two doses and broke out in a severe rash from head to toe (itchy and swollen). This medication made the flu much worse for me.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: weesie, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 31

my 25 yr old son was given tamaflu in june when he had severe fever 104 F, severe coughing, sore throat, he took it for five days as directed, his symptoms continued, fever never broke even w/ taking tylenol, coughing grew worse, he was never given an antibiotic even on second return to dr and ended up w/ pneumonia both lungs and having to be admitted to the hospital for three days for iv antibiotic therapy and tx for pneumonia. I feel the tamaflu is worthless and his hosptialization could have been prevented if he had been given an antibotic initially. He is a healthy young man with no medical conditions that would have put him at risk for developing pneumonia. This medication is ineffective and gives people the mistaken impression they are being treated when in fact it is useless.

Related Reading: sore throat | tylenol | pneumonia

Comment from: Marina, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 27

After first course of antibiotics gave no relief, in bed another week, then doctor prescribed Tamiflu together with Avelon (I also had bronchitis). After 2nd day, I honestly thought I would die. Nausea, panic attacks, general feeling of not being in control of my body. I felt terrible throughout, but finished the 5 day course (both drugs) on Friday 14 August. Today is 27 August - until yesterday, I still battled with headaches and nausea. So far so good today, so hoping the "poison" is out of my system. I would not recommend these drugs to anyone - it's been a really frightening experience.

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: Christina Arvin, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 08

It works fine for me. No side effects. I tested positive for Influenza Type A. I think most people had problems with this because they should never have been prescribed it. Some said they weren't even tested for the flu, just prescribed it as a precaution. There is a difference between Influenza and "The Stomach Flu" which is really Gastroenteritis. It is expensive, I paid $117 and some change, but it was well worth it if you have the real Influenza virus. It really helps for the side effects. I'm glad I didn't listen to the pharmacist who almost talked me out of getting it. It has done wonders for me. My only side effect is it makes me really sleepy and I fall asleep almost within seconds of taking it. I love Tamiflu.

Related Reading: Gastroenteritis