Tarceva User Reviews

Tarceva - User Reviews

Tarceva User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tarceva sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 15

My mother has been taking Tarceva(Cancers Miracle Drug) for about 10 months now and it has stopped the spreading of her cancer.My mom has lung cancer,which has mestatized to her bones,stomach and lymph nodes,Before the Tarceva her blood count was so low she had to have blood transfusions now her blood count is way up there.She has the normal side effects but my mom is still here and my dad died in 1999 of the same thing.He was diagnosed with lung cancer on Sept 29th and died Dec 3rd.There was no tarceva back then.Obviously there is no cure for Cancer but this medication has given our family hope and almost another year with our mom.To us this is a miracle.

Related Reading: Tarceva | cancer | lung cancer

Comment from: Thank you, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 31

In 2003 I was not expected to live 8 months. I took the chemo for a year until the Tarceva became available in 2004. I have been taking 100 mg for over 5 years. The tumors have been in remission in my lung for 5 years. All check ups satisfactory. As you are aware we are all different. I have the common side effects. I have fatigue and diarrhea side effects along with rash. Heat will aggravate the rash. Hot weather will not be your friend. You may also experience dry skin and nail splitting. For the diarrhea I keep 1 ammonium AD pill in my pocket for those time it becomes a problem. The longer you use the Tarceva the better you are able to handle the side effects. This has been a God send for me and my family. I thank God everyday for this medication.

Related Reading: fatigue | diarrhea | rash

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

I am non smoker diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer in the spring of 2007. My tumor could only be treated by chemo. After first treatment the cancer was quiet for about 10 months. I couldn't tolerate the 2nd round of chemo. My oncologist started me on 150mg of Tarceva. I had a severe skin rash, mouth & nose sores, etc. after 5 days on the drug. He immediately stopped treatment, I recovered in 5 days. He lowered the dose to 100mg, I take it for 5 days and off 2 each week. I have been able to tolerate it quite well after 6 mos. When started cancer was agressive and had spread to other lung and in my chest. After starting Tarceva, the first CAT scan showed all cancer cleared up except for the original tumor, which has been progressively decreasing since. I do have a fatigue that comes and goes with other slight side effects. So far this drug is truly saving my life. I thank God for it.

Related Reading: tumor

Comment from: menschinskind, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 03

My wife was diagnosed with NSCL on May 2, 2006 stage IV. She had the standatd chemotherapy for about 2 months, then after a break, she had 15 Radiation treatments on her lower spine (5th Lumbar). then she was place on a study using Avastin IV and Tarceva oral (150mg). She has been on this combo for over 1 year. overall, it has stopped the growth of the tumor in her lung-the radiated tumor never came back. However, the neuropathy she experiences is sometimes overwhelming- coughing, sneezing hurt her, her hands and feet have always tingled and hurt-sometimes quite a lot. Nothing has been effective to reduce this problem. Her Dr.receintly stopped the Tarceva after she ecperienced so many of the side effects all at once. Weight loss, rash(s), mouth sores, split lip/ finger tips. after being off of the drug for 5 days, she returned to normal. After two weeks the Dr. put her back on the drug at a lower dose 100 mg vs 150mg. She experienced rectal bleeding two weeks ago so the Dr stopped the every three week dose of Avastin-a Colonoscopy has been scheduled... the latest problem is Foot-drop. But the real important thing is that the combination of the two drugs do work. She had CT scans about every 6 weeks and they always show that the tumor is stable-no growth. and there is no growth anywhere else!

Related Reading: Avastin | rectal bleeding

Comment from: Patti, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 09

My mom, who is 85 years old, has been on Tarceva for l year now and is doing great. This has been the only treatment she has had. She is only on 100mg, and her latest catscan has shown, slow growing....Wonderful for my mom as well as her family....

Comment from: brd, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 27

I was diagnosed stage IV in May 08, 3 cycles of chemotherapy. Went on Tarceva in September 08. Bone tumors appear to be gone, lung tumor is 1/2 size. Very few side effects. At first this drug worked very fast in reducing my tumors, now is steady. I hope this continues and have confidence in the drug.

Cancer