Tarceva User Reviews

Tarceva - User Reviews

Tarceva User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tarceva sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Ann2008, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 28

Diagnosed 6/08 with stage IIIB inoperable. Given 3 months to 1 yr to live. Took 6mos of chemo of Carboplaten and Alimta. Cancer went into remission. Started Tarceva 12/08 and have been on it every since. At 150mg had several side effects, then onc.dropped me to 100mg. Still had a few side effects mostly related to sore and split fingers. I am now on 75mg for a month and have no side effects. Cancer tumors have turned to scar tissue. I thank God everyday for blessing me that I am still alive and feel healthy. I pray that it continues to work. I am interested to know how long one can take this medication without it harming other parts of the body.

Related Reading: Alimta

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 16

I started taking Tarceva in Sept 2005. At first I was taking 150 mg but my doctor reduced it to 75 mg because of the extreme diarrhea and terrible rash on my face. I am still taking it (September 2008) and although I still have problems with diarrhea I am alive and still working. I will be 68 in October and have been able to enjoy my life and see my grandchildren grow. I am married to a wonderful man and we enjoy life and each other. I do not know how long this will all last but I know that without the Tarceva I probably would not be alive. I have a PET scan every six months and will be due again in November. I will try to write you again and tell you how I am doing.

Comment from: Betty, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 16

How blessed I am. Have been on Tarceva for6 months. No side effects at all. My CT scans are great. I feel good and am very lucky.

Comment from: kenneth874@comcast.net, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

rash/face hair, belly button, heel

Comment from: wlarson921, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 21

Been on Tarceva for about 6 months now and could not be happier with the results. Tarceva has killed a spot of carcinoma that was on my right ear. Have learned how beat the rash and fatigue. You can contact me and I'd be more then happy to help you to get over the rash too. Wlarson921@aol.com

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 30

I have been on Tarceva for 7 months. At first, I had a manageable rash and diarrhea. Now my rash is severe, but the diarrhea is almost gone. My dosage has been cut to try to solve the rash problem. However, my tumor counts are almost at zero, so I'm encouraged.

Comment from: Myra, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 27

I've been on Tarceva just over 9 months. for NSCLC. Started with 3 tumors. One is gone, one is now scar tissue and one is reduced to 5mm. Used Elidel for rash and put up with other side effects. I just stopped for 2 months to give me body and chance to recoup. Next CT scan 6/11, if tuor is still 5mm I'll wait to go back, please pray for me. So far this has been a miracle.

Related Reading: Elidel

Comment from: blessed2, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 27

I had 1/2 lung removed and went thru chemo and radiation and then in Dec 07 went on 150 mg of Tarceva, in Dec 08 changed to 100 mg due to rash, cracked finger tips. I have been cancer free since the surgery, still have diarear problems, but I can handle it. Very grateful and blessed to have this med. Have had 3 PET scans since starting and still cancer free.

Comment from: Franpisces@aol.com, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 25

Had severe rash and accompanied with itch/burn on face with 150mg; reduced to 100mg. Presently, face and body skin very dry but controlled by prescriptions, ulcers in mouth and eye, also controlled by prescription. Just started to notice face hair after approx. 2 months of use.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 06

I'm 37, never smoked a cigarette in my life, diagnosed with metastatic NSCL in Feb 2011 after a series of respiratory infections, pneumonia and a chronic cough. I received chemo for 5 months, my cycles ran 2 weeks on, 1 week off. I initially started Tarceva in July, 150 mgs daily. I didn't do so well as I had the awful facial rash, nausea/vomiting, loss of appetite and rapid weight loss. My oncologist switched to every other day for a few weeks. Currently my dosage is 100 mgs daily. I am still dealing with the rash (facial, chest, shoulders, and now on below the knees to my ankles). Hydrocortisone cream has helped. My skin is extremely dry and painful. Vanicream gives me some relief. I have neuropathy in my fingers on both hands and fatigue (this has gotten better). I have not had any issues with diarrhea, shortness of breath, eyesight, nose/mouth sores. My last CTs showed that Tarceva is indeed working for me. The tumor in my lung shrunk from 4 cm to 2.5 cm. The lesions in my left and right lungs have become scar tissue or continue to shrink, and the lesions on my brain have turned to scar tissue as well. Even though I do not like the side effects from Tarceva, it is working and has given me a second chance at life.

Related Reading: pneumonia | cough | Hydrocortisone