Tarceva User Reviews

Tarceva - User Reviews

Tarceva User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tarceva sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: weezie, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 16

My 89 mother is taking Tarceva for the last 5 1/2 months. Her biggest problem is the skin on her legs, back of neck and scalp is breaking down. She has large opened sores. Has anyone else experienced this? The tumors in her lungs are slowly shrinking. She started on 150MG but her eyes and nose became infected, so she is now on 100MG. It's an effective drug if you can tolerate it. If anyone needs help financially with Tarceva, contact Genentech- the manufacturer. My mom doesn't pay anything for this drug. God Bless!

Comment from: um7nmz, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 07

I Non-SmallCell LungCancer Stage IIB Since June 2005, I had A Lobectomy in Sept. 2005,Later I Did Chemotherapy(Aggressive) For About 4 Months. I have been on Tarceva 150mg Since July 2006. My Side Effects Are Minor Neurapthy,Rash Around My Mouth,Fatigue Sometimes,Diaherra is under control I use Immodium.Nuerapthy Pain I use Lyrica from my Neurologist. Other than That I am Doing OK.Iv'e Just Taken A CAt-SCAN I have A Small tumor on both Left and Right Lungs But they are not Growing and My Cancer is NOT Spreading!!! I'm Still Forever GRATEFUL for this DRUG-TARCEVA 150mg!!! God Bless I;m Still ALIVE!!

Related Reading: Lyrica

Comment from: Carmel, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 13

I have been on Tarceva 150mg for one week now. The rash on my face, especially around my nose, mouth and chin is extremely uncomfortable--itching, burning, red with white pus--horrible to look at!!! So far the diarrhea is somewhat manageable with Immodium. I do not have much of an appetite and cannot sleep very well due to the burning of my face, eyes, scalp, etc. I will have a follow-up ct scan in 3 weeks. I don't know if I can live with this terrible rash. I have been told to use hydro-cortisone cream with an equal part of vaseline, but it burns even more. I have been using cold, wet compresses on the affected area for some relief.

Related Reading: itching | sleep | burns

Comment from: wmcclus@aol.com, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 28

Convenient to use. Temor has been stable for two years now. Side effects can be managed. The most inconvenient side effect has been diahrehia but managed with Immodium.

Comment from: Blanche, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

I have only been using this drug for a few months I have experienced the side effects of the rash. I have used creme to help the rash go away or at least not very noticable and diarrhoea which I have been able to control with Loperamide. I only wish that this drug is available on the NHS as my insurance company will only pay for the drug until December (another 3 months) and I feel that this drug is working exceptionally well for me - its keeping me alive

Comment from: Gene, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 30

This Medication was prescribed for stage IV NSCLC after failure of chemo and radiation when diagnosed in stage 3b. The side of effects of this med are tough, facial rash, dry skin, fatigue, and loss of appetite. This med was unafective in this case. I was told that the drug works best on never before smokers, or with the genetic markers that are characteristic of Asian females. Please use caution with this drug. If it works for you - God Bless. If it does'nt show results, then don't punish yourself. I think this med is overated, and certainly overpriced. My advise is to discuss this fully with your oncologist. Best of Luck to those with this terrible disease.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: Bon, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 17

reduction in the tumors and size of tumors.

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 21

My father had mesothelioma.He had been taking other chemo and improving.When the improvement slowed and then stopped,he was switched to Tarceva.In three weeks,he was dead.He lost several pounds a week,had explosive diarrhia,and suffered from dehydration,even while taking in a normal amount of water.The drug was stopped,but the problems continued.The first two weeks he had no strong reaction other than weight loss,but the last week devastated him,the onset of severe adverse reactions taking place in less than a day,and continuing even after the drug was stopped.Remember,Tarceva is a drug of last resort,but if the doctor prescribing it isn't very attentive to the reaction of the patient,it can be very deadly,very quickly.This occurred in southeast Virginia,so if you are using an oncologist in this area,remember that some of them aren't very up to date on the side effects and aren't too attentive to patients using this drug,sometimes not even returning calls.Use extreme caution in taking this drug,and make sure the doctor will be available to the patient immediately if adverse reactions occur,as time is short between onset and fatal adverse reaction to the drug.

Related Reading: mesothelioma | dehydration

Comment from: bobk423, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 19

bad problem with neurapathy and diarreah

Cancer