Tarka User Reviews

Tarka - User Reviews

Tarka User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tarka sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Published: October 28

I'm on the highest dose once per day. It has not lowered my BP even 1 point.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

Severe constipation

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: yphsby, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 20

control of high blood pressure is not steady, sometimes great other times not very good at all.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: manrole@verizon.net, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 06

I have used Tarka for more than 3 yrs and my blood pressure has been stabilized with no spikes upward for the past three years

Related Reading: Tarka

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 23

Really has lowered my bp...only thing I noticed is my hair has started to thin out since i started...I take 2/240mg, anyone else experience this?

Comment from: mssoto111, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 08

I have been Tarka2 for almost 5 years now.It keeps my blood pressure under control.The only side effects I had was headaches, which went away after the first 3 months.

Comment from: Robin, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

Tarka worked well to reduce my blood pressure for the couple of months I was on it. I had to stop taking it though b/c it caused me to have frequent upper respiratory illnesses and I developed a severe persistent cough. I coughed all day and all night, nothing relieved it until I stopped taking the Tarka. It is listed a possible side effect. I dont know why this side effect affected me so severely.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: cturning6ubc6b, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 07

I am allergic to many meds so I stay with what works and has no side effects for me

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 08

I HAVE USED THIS DRUG FOR 8 YEARS, AND IT HAS KEPT MY BLOOD PRESSURE AT AN AVERAGE OF 115/70, BEFORE I STARTED TAKING IT MY # WAS 140/90. MY DR. SAID I PROBABLY INCREASED MY LIFE BY 10 YEARS BECAUSE I STARTED CONTROLLING MY BLOOD PRESSURE WHEN I WAS 38 YR.OLD.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 12

I have been on this for 1 year now and it has worked perfectly. BP down to 120/77 from 160/100.

Comment from: loubell2_2000@yahoo.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 13

I had been taking Tarka for about 3 years and found it kept my blood pressure under control. About 8 months ago, I joined Weight Watchers, used their Core Plan, and have lost a total of 31 pounds. As a result, my blood pressure has dropped a considerable amount, due to the weight loss. My doctor and I are extremely satisfied with this medication.

Comment from: Charley, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 10

Makes me a little tired. Causes E.D.

Comment from: jmahle07, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 16

I have taken this medication for several years and until the dosage was increased there was only minor drop in blood pressure. I am still not convinced that this medication is all that good for the cost.