Tarka User Reviews

Tarka - User Reviews

Tarka User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tarka sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: lyndafher, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: June 15

My only question is when will generic come out and what if any draw backs will there be to switch to generics?

Comment from: Elliot, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 03

In as much as my bp has gone down drastically, I pay the price by having chronic coughs and feeling light headed. Went off of the drug for 2 weeks,the results were..increased energy, no coughing, no headaches or feelings of being light headed...BUT, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE came back. Afraid to take anything else, living with the side effects while at the same time attempting to lose about 15-20 lbs. in order to completely come off of bp meds. all together

Comment from: hypertensive, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 07

started on Tarka 10 years ago I am at the highest dose it does help with BP except every 3-4 years need increase in dose no place to go now with this drug it is expensive but my insurance will pay at lower rate helps some. Be nice if was cheaper.

Comment from: tarka, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 30

No problem, it has worked for me. But it is too expensive. Like to get one cheaper that works the same.

Comment from: lois, 65-74 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 06

I have taken this for almost 19 years, only recently the original does 2-240 stopped controlling my bp. Switched to 2others, will go back to tarka at a higher dose dispite the cost.

Comment from: mflynn6680, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 23

Overall, I have very happy with Tarka. I started with the lower dose and am now on the higher dose of 4/240. But now I have to take another bp med (Diovan-80mg) in the evening to keep my bp low until the morning dose of Tarka. I am still not sure if both will work together ok.

Related Reading: Diovan

Comment from: Kim, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: May 11

I have taken this medication for several years and my bp is great. I take this along with Toprol XL.

Related Reading: Toprol XL

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 20

Dry cough cannot get rid of it

Comment from: Mrs C, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 01

I have been on it for 3 years. It works wonderful for my BP but does cause some coughing. Not bad enough to require changing it since it controlls BP so well.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 14

The medication is working but I experience conspitation and hair falling out.

Comment from: mawmaw, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 27

its the only medication that lower my blood pressure i have tryed several others that did not work

Comment from: vic, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 08

Just does not seem to work that well for me I still have to take 2 other bp pills benicar and bystolic to control bp.

Related Reading: benicar