Taxol User Reviews

Taxol - User Reviews

Taxol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Taxol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: b southern, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 25

I experienced bone crushing pain all over. Most severe in knees, feet and ankles, but mildly in arms, neck and hands. Numbness in hands and fingers. Needed daily naps! Confusion, would get lost driving or suddenly forget how to drive. Could not work due to memory loss and lack of focus and concentration

Comment from: pia, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 03

I used this for breast ca. that had reoccurred after only 12 months. It made me horribly ill, anorexic, nausea, severe fatigue, peripheral neuropathy, severe Chemo Brain. No one told me about the last 2. Its been 2 years and I still suffer nightly with the peripheral neuropathy, and do still have some cognitive difficulties, including making simple decisions. I also could not work for over a year and unable to get any disability because this is not a recognised disability, (the chemo brain that is).If I had been warned I could have made a more informed decision and the answer probly would have been "find another medication"

Related Reading: breast | fatigue | peripheral neuropathy

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 09

I just finished chemo treatment. I found this drug so difficult to tollerate. I have been off the chemo for a month and my hands and feet remain numb and burn. Also my legs hurt terrible. It was a bad experience. I do not see how anyone could take this and work. Good luck to all who take this drug.

Comment from: txlady373@aol.com, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 06

I've had 7 chemo treatments via IV using Taxol. Last week after treatment the site swelled and turned brownish red. The site measured measurned 6" by 5" Its been almost a week and now the site is peeling.

Related Reading: Taxol

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 05

I've been treated with Taxol/Carboplatin two times. The first was frontline therapy after surgery when I was diagnosed with Stage IIIc ovarian cancer. I went into complete remission which lasted almost 2 years. When I recurred with a small tumor on the colon, I had another surgery and again received Taxol/Carbo and went into remission. However this time the remission only lasted 3 months. The side effects were nasty. I did not have nausea, thanks to Ondansetron, but I had bad flu-like aching in my joints that lasted anywhere from 2 to 6 days after each treatment (which were once every three weeks). And of course hair loss. It was worth it though, to have that time in remission. I've had two other types of chemo since then and neither has put me back in remission.

Related Reading: ovarian cancer | tumor | flu

Comment from: reed, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 06

This drug has made me so very sick the means does not justify the ends I ended all of the drugs in this family of taxol for my cancer treatments I have never felt so sick and had so many side effects.Signed sick and tired

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: Momma Mel, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 24

I was given 12 weekly infusions of Taxol through a port, after having been through 4 AC infusions given every other week. I first had a mastectomy and axillary node dissection with 2 nodes testing positive for breast cancer, invasive ductal carcinoma. The AC portion of chemotherapy was pretty horrible, leaving me nauseous for several days each time and resulting in complete hair loss and lowered blood counts. The Taxol was so much better by comparison! No nausea, only some neuropathy in my feet that I can handle, especially considering the benefits of Taxol for those of us who are triple-negative. It has been 3 1/2 weeks since my last treatment and I feel very good, only a bit of remaining neuropathy. I think a big part of minimizing side effects is remaining active. I walk vigorously 6 days a week, 3 miles a day, at a local mall and was strength-training 5-6 days a week before chemo, which I hope to resume soon. I was at my goal weight when diagnosed and was in good health, which I'm sure helped. I kept walking throughout my 20 weeks of chemo treatments, except for the days of overwhelming nausea. I also saw my blood counts rebound in a big way when I resumed taking multi-vitamin supplements plus extra magnesium and calcium every day during treatment. I had been forgetting them, but making sure to take them daily helped so much.

Related Reading: hair loss