Taxol User Reviews

Taxol - User Reviews

Taxol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Taxol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 12

Used this drug in 2001-2002. didn't appear to be helping, but when i stopped taking, i improved greatly. I have been cancer free for 5 years.

Comment from: sarx722, 75 or over (Patient) Published: February 26

This is my first Taxol treatment. I have been diagonosed with stage IV spinL nd lymph node cancer. The first treatment seems to be fine; no nausia, no weakness. But, I have had the need to take a bowl movement medication. This worked so well that I feel better and am able to do the normal things a women and loving wife should do - - no sex however. My husband has been my best friend, is very supportive and very attentive to my needs. Sometimes he just does things that I thought he would never do - he is a great husand! Shirley A. Rexin

Comment from: JamieH, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 10

I have had 6 treatments. I get the infusions 3 weeks in a row and then a week "off". The original plan was to follow this for 4 rounds. I am also getting Avastine the 1st and 3rd infusion of each round. At this point, don't know if it is helping. Initially I had terribly joint pain in my knees and very weak. This occured 2 days after the infusion and generally lasted 2 days. With the last 3 treatments, I have not had the joint pain so much, but have been VERY weak, tired, sleepy and short of breath. Hoping it continues to just last 2 days. Lost the hair about 2 weeks after the first treatment. Now I am finding that my sense of taste is failing. No numbness. Heartburn is pretty much constant if I don't take Tagamet and intermittant diarehea that has been controlled with Immodium. I have not gotten a port but it is getting too hard to find a vein so, getting a port next week. I had hoped to avoid that. If this works, it is worth it.... I have been able to continue to work.

Related Reading: Heartburn | Tagamet

Comment from: Mamadonna, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 06

Completed 12 treatments Apr 09. Took treatment on Thurs. and was down thru Sunday. Worked Mon, Tues, Wed. Office Job, with very little energy and found myself forgetting things (very understanding boss). Already had osteoarthritis in knees before treatment, so it made it worse. Nausea & bloating feeling the day of and day after treatment. Wiped out for 3 1/2 days. Feet and Toes numb, but medication for neuropothy counteracted my reflux medication, so stopped neurontin. Four months since last treatment, feet and toes still numb and have spells of feeling freezing cold. Energy slowing returning. All in all, if cancer doesn't come back, worth it.

Related Reading: osteoarthritis | neurontin

Comment from: lilie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 20

I had a combination of taxol and carboplatin. Fatigue was my biggest side effect. Only a couple of times did I experience nauseau or diaharea.

Comment from: bucsbabe747, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 09

I'm on my 8th treatment of Taxol, and it makes my bones ache to the point to where I have to go to Pain Management. My hair is falling out also. It keeps me down about four days out of the week. I take it via a port in my chest, I go once a week,and I only have four more treatments to go.

Related Reading: Pain Management

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 05

I was given 3 treatments of Taxol and another cancer drug for Ovarian cancer. After 3 treatments and 3 trips to the Emergency Room later that day/night and being admitted each time for severe pain in both legs starting above the knee to my toes. I was sent home with bags full of pain medications that ended up knocking me totally out, I said no more and went saw a different oncologist who referred me to a pain specialist and finished my treatment with a different medication. I have been cancer free for quite awhile now but as a result of the Taxol I have to take a drug called Methadone for the pain so I can at least function enough to go to work part-time. This pain will be with me for the rest of my life, I am now 57 years old, and do not know how much longer I will be able to work because the pain is getting worse and if I increase my medication I can no longer work.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 07

My wife is only in the beginning of this drug. she is in her 3rd week every week. Only thing at this point is a drop in her blood count. She was on AC for the last 12 weeks. She has lost her hair. Otherwise doing great

Cancer