Taxol User Reviews

Taxol - User Reviews

Taxol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Taxol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Blessings, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 10

I've only had one treatment so far. Due to have 11 more. Just finished Adriamycin/Cytoxan, which was brutal. On Taxol, I had commented that this is the first time I have felt "Normal" in 4 months. Went for my 2nd treatment today and it was cancelled because of elevated liver enzymes. Otherwise, this has been a very well tolerated treatment for me. I'll stop back with more comments halfway through. I hope I'm still feeling as well after my 6th treatment as I do now.

Related Reading: Cytoxan | liver

Comment from: Busom Buddy, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 19

Having Breast Cancer was bad enough but the Taxol was the worst part. I made it through the A&C part with no real issues other than not being able to stand the smell of food cooking and the hair loss was pretty traumatic. The taxol caused my hands and feet to burn it became intolerable after the 2nd treatment. I continued with the treament even though it was hard for me because my Dr wanted to put me on Taxitre which could have been worse for me, I was not going to start from the beginning with a new medication. This was the olnly time in my treatment that I had to take pain meds, Morphine to be exact. I now have all sorts of issues with pain and my hands. I'm a mess but I'm still alive. I was able to get Disability I was turned down twice and then I got an attorney and I got it; it took about 21/2 yrs. to get it but I have it now and that's one less thing for me to worry about. Joining a Breast Cancer group really did help. I suggest going to a group these women know what your going through it's very important to let all your fears and pain. I became a Reach to Recovery Volunteer.

Related Reading: Breast Cancer

Comment from: Ginnie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 15

Initially during chemotherapy the Taxol caused so much bone pain that I could barely walk and did indeed crawl for weeks. I also developed numbness in the fingers and toes. Later on I developed pain in the joints - particularly the toes, ankles and wrists. Now 4 years later I continue to have severe pain in the ankles and wrists. If I over work or exercise the serverity of the pain increases. I have cramps in the arches of my feet and sometimes my hands and fingers. I wonder if I am getting better or worse. I stopped taking Tamoxifen because I was unsure if the pain was a long term side effect of the Taxol or increasing because of the Tamoxifen. I have been off of the Tamoxifen for 6 months now and the pain has settled in at a non-changing degree which is still pretty high. The taxol caused me so much pain during chemotherapy I would have accepted amputations - no questions asked. Yep it was that painful. Praise and thanks to God that the pain became bearable after the treatments ended. Now if the cramps will just go away I might be able to tolerate the ongoing pain. This month I am a 4 year survivor.

Comment from: rappt1, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 02

i have had 5 rounds of taxol (3 on 1 off ) it caused tolable heartburn, change of taste but the worse part was the leg and feet pain. numbness, aching, sharp shooting pain ,cold, unable to walk.pain not releived by narcotics.dicontinued it last week, still pain same, afraid it will last,wasn't told that side effect!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 03

not one i want to go through again but was not too bad.

Comment from: Babel, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 15

Was using Abraxane but became very ill. My oncologist changed my treatment to Taxol. So far I am a lot less ill. Just have had flushing of the face on the second day only. Oherwise not much trouble.

Related Reading: Abraxane

Comment from: mickey, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 26

I have triple negative BC that returned in my lympnodes. I was told not much time left for me, but if I used taxol it may help extend it.I pretty much knew what to expect because of the first time. What I didn't expect was the side effects from the steroids and other drugs that they have to give you with it, like insomnia, the whole next day and night being wired out and then the fatigue and complete weariness that goes with it, all by the third day thru to the next chemo, but the worse was the depression it was making me fall into because of lack of sleep and how extremely tired I was. It got worse with each chemo, which is once a week for three weeks and one week off. I had no real quality of life for my family and I work everyday. Luckily for me I told my doctor what was going on and she started me on the Taxol with Abraxene instead of the steroids and things have gotten alittle better. I am now starting to sleep better (still have days I can't sleep and I take sleeping pills everyday), I am not wired out after chemo, I still get fatigue and I get tired out very easy but I don't have the depression anywhere near to what I had had. I still have my down days but at least now it is alot more tolerable and manageable than before. My biggest thing is that the doctor has added Avastin to my regiment of drugs and I am scared to death of it, especially after the FDA wanting to withdraw its approval. Any words on this or suggestions?

Related Reading: insomnia | depression | sleep