Taxol User Reviews

Taxol - User Reviews

Taxol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Taxol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: miley1964, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 26

2nd time on taxol had it in 2003 for first time the leg pain would last 4 days out of 7 of the duration of treatment, but at the time i was only 40 years old bounced back went back to very hard factory job and in 2008 breast cancer mastise to several areas of body, hip bones lower spine, should, liver, lungs. started taxol 05/26/2009 for another round 3 weeks on one off for 24 weeks with zyometo as bone helper. the cancer in my hip shattered my hip bone before i could start chemo i will try to keep an update for others to decide if this is the way to go. first time side effects went away, i was given 6 months if this does not work, 2 years or more if it does, i want to live at least 10 more so i will try this or anything for a longer life

Comment from: melwork, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 27

I have invasive Ductal Breast Cancer in my left breast. A 6cm tumor. The cancer has not spread to other parts of my body. I just had my 2nd round of Taxol. My first round, they gave me Dexamethasone and Benadryl to combat to allergic reactions to the Taxol. I reacted immediately to the Taxol within 1 minute. I had a sudden flame/torch hot feeling in my head and neck and then my throat started to close up. They gave me another super dose of Benadryl and the symptoms subsided immeditately. My hair started to fall out the day before my next treatment. I was quite a bit of hair and started it seems almost overnight. My second treatment was yesterday. I took 20mg of Dexamethasone pm before treatment and another 20mg the am of treatment. They gave me Benadryl again but we waited 30 minutes for the Benadryl to kick in before starting the Taxol. Seemed to work, but I started having labored breathing and a weird itch/tingle in my throat about 30 minutes into the treatment. They stopped the treatment and my doctor prescribed 10mg more of Dexamethasone and more Benadryl. Restarted the Taxol and I didn't have any further reactions. Doctor said that once the Taxol is in your system, you will build up a tolerace for it. So my hopes are that when I go back in 2 weeks, there will not be any reactions at all.

Related Reading: Dexamethasone | Benadryl

Comment from: DebraD, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 22

I have been receiving weekly Taxol, which has helped prevent neuropathy. My main side effects are fatigue and anemia.

Related Reading: anemia