Tazorac Cream User Reviews

Tazorac Cream - User Reviews

Tazorac Cream User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tazorac Cream sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Melissa_Pratt, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 27

Tazorac has been very effective for me in reducing my adult/hormonal/cystic acne...it has also radically reduced my fine lines around my mouth,eyes and on my forehead. My skintone is now even...no more blotchyness. The only drawback I experienced was the time my skin took to acclimate to Tazorac, about 6 weeks, before the redness,peeling & hyperactivity of blemishes subsided. This may be because I use the 1.0% Gel formula..which my Dermo prescribed because of my hyper-oily skin. My skin is a thousand times better than when I was using Retin-A Micro...only occasional breakouts that occur when I don't use it for two or three days. I have learned that in order to keep my skin clear & under control I must use Tazorac EVERY night.

Related Reading: Tazorac | acne | Retin-A Micro

Comment from: aculliverm, 35-44 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 31

I have been using Tazorac for the past 5 years and nothing else works as well for me as Tazorac. I have cystic acne and have tried everything under the sun- prescription and OTC- and this is the only topical medication that really works for me in reducing and preventing the cystic acne. It comes in a cream and gel formula. I like the cream better because the gel is too drying and made my skin flake-up even though I have oily skin. And one tube lasts a long time, so, for me, it is worth the money.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 29

I have been using this for a years and I no longer have acne. It takes a while to get used to it, very sensitive etc. However in the end it is amazing. It can be a little drying, just use a good lotion.

Comment from: ctall26, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

I continued using tazorac on my face for about 4 months, and all it did was make my acne much, much worse. I started getting acne all over my face in places where I hadn't even had zits before. I've been on all kinds of acne medications, and this one was by far the worst.

Comment from: FM001, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 02

I have adult acne. Almost immediately the acne was gone, my skin is clearer, softer and looks healthy. Of course, no pain, no gain as the first week or two you feel as though your face is on fire. As you use the product more, the burning dissipates to almost nothing. I would use it even if it did not dissipate as the results are AMAZING and I'm extremely happy.

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 16

I have taken tazorac for about a month now along with an oral prescription and it has worked well for me.I have acne and it is improving very well.

Comment from: farmallgirl, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 20

I have been using Tazorac for about 2 years now due to the systic acne that I get on my cheeks. It has worked wonders for my skin. I get compliments on my face on a regular basis. The only side effect that I have experienced is a peeling of my skin on a daily basis. I have to thoroughly wash my face before applying my makeup to get rid of the peeling skin. Also, my doctor refrained from telling me that women using this medication need to stop using it ONE year prior to having children because it can cause some serious birth defects. It will take a year for your body to completely rid itself of all traces of the medication.

Related Reading: birth defects

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 12

I was prescribed for this medication by the Derm for acne and brown spots.I have only been using it for almost two weeks.I can already see some results.The med makes my skin looks like it is dry. I just use a moisturizer.

Comment from: Penny, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 02

I am 44 year old female, and I have Acne that is associated with hormonal changes that is mostly on the lower part of my face and under my neck. I had a terrible breakout this summer and this is the only medication that seem to be working. My skin is no longer rough and the whitehead and cystic acne is getting less after each use, I am also taking minocycline 100mg orally and using prascion cleanser. I saw results after the first week my skin is much softer and the no more cystic acne, the whiteheads are taking a longer time to go away. The tazorac cream is better because it does not cause a lot of drying like the gel from what I have read. I only experienced sensitivity in the first week. I like the results so far.

Related Reading: tazorac cream