Tazorac Cream User Reviews

Tazorac Cream - User Reviews

Tazorac Cream User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tazorac Cream sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: della, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 25

I have used it for approx. 3 yrs, and my adult acne sometimes goes away completely, but then comes back hardcore. I still get cysts here and there, but I wish it would work better because I can't take accutane. They need to go back to the lab and create a better product, in my opinion. Until then, I'm stuck like millions of others :(

Related Reading: cysts | accutane

Comment from: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 12

I have been using Tazorac for abut two months andhave seen little change, besides dryness of the skin. But overall this has worked better than some other medications i have been on in the past. I guess just give it time and see.

Comment from: clr, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 11

I have been using this medication for scaly dry skin and the result has been great. Only a small amount goes a long way. The result is very similar to that of the retin a from prior years.

Related Reading: dry skin

Comment from: charcarr, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 07

Took a LONG time to do anything, then finally started to work a little, but not much that people could notice any difference. DIDN'T WORK FOR ME!!!!! :(

Comment from: Booper, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

I was basically using it to control my extremely oily skin and occasional breakouts - it's all the time, all seasons. I was on Retin-A for almost 2 years before recently switching. Taz (so far) has been the best. It's only been a few weeks but I already notice a difference. Knock on wood, I haven't had the "purging" yet (bad outbreak before it gets better) - but I've also been using the clarisonic for about 5 months so maybe my pores were cleaned out. Also, I use Benzaclin in the morning, so hopefully any bacteria that is being brought to the surface is being killed by the benzaclin. Anyway, after washing it off the very first morning, I noticed my skin actually felt softer. That was nice. One weird side effect - I've been rubbing it on every night, everywhere EXCEPT my upper lip. My upper lip is the only spot that's peeling?? That seemed strange to me, otherwise, no side effects. At night, I wash (using the clarisonic and mario badescu glycolic cleanser), use a moisturizer and let that sink in for like an hour, then I use the tazorac before bed. In the morning, wash with the clarisonic and cleanser and use benzaclin, then moisturizer and makeup. Again, no complaints so far. Hope this helps!

Related Reading: Retin-A | Benzaclin

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 13

It cleared my skin in 12 weeks as promised, but after a few months acne started coming back. I am using it again and my doctor said we were gonna come up with a maintenance plan after this course. I guess if you have adult acne- its for life, just need to take care of it.wnfju6

Published: November 30

I am currently using this drug to treat a whart inconjuction with the freezing of the whart. It Is working very well. The drug has stunted the growth of the whart. It has worked as my doctor advertised.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 25

I'm an african american light skin adult female. My dermatologist prescribe this medication because I had white heads under the skin. He said the medication would cause my skin to exfoliate and that way the white heads would come out. I had negative results. It burned my skin to the point where it hurt for water to touch my skin and it was also painful to use a wash cloth to wash my face. Use with caution.

Comment from: btackett, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 03

I've been using this 1 1/2 weeks for plaque psoriasis. I started seeing results in 2 days. The surrounding affected areas have turned bright red but I'm sure this is due to it removing the affected skin. the affected areas itched very bad after taking a shower & the cream was applied. It itches less each day. If the redness doesn't start disappearing in a couple of weeks I will discuss it further with the doctor. Skin is finally almost smooth and I was finally able to shave my whole leg without tearing off quite a bit of the psoriasis and skin.

Related Reading: psoriasis