Tazorac Cream User Reviews

Tazorac Cream - User Reviews

Tazorac Cream User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tazorac Cream sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Momof3, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 30

I've been using this medicine for a weeks off and on. I'm an African American female with light tomed skin and this medicine gave me this dark black film across my face. If I stop using it it will go away. To me it's useless.

Comment from: Vain Girl, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

Too strong for me. If you follow the usage instructions and your skin is tingling and a little itchy that's okay, but if it is burning, red, peeling and tight like a bad sunburn discontinue use. If you do experience burning, soak a wash cloth in 1 part cold milk and 1 part cold water and use as a compress and only wash with warm water and a mild cleanser, nothing else until you're back to normal. It's probably going to take a whole week to undue the damage caused by just two nights of application.

Related Reading: sunburn

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 19

Had very mild but persistent acne. Used Tazorac for 13 weeks, resulting in severe, cystic acne. Never had cystic acne before, maybe just a coincidence. This was 3 years ago and I still have to be on an antibiotic to keep skin clear. Wished I'd never heard of Tazorac.

Comment from: Jasaa, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 19

I was prescribed this medication, but my doctor first gave me 4 of the tiny sample tubes to try with the strict instructions that each of the teensy sample tubes should be made to last at least a week. Meaning that it should be applied very sparingly. A regular sized tube lasted me almost 6 months. Maybe some doctors aren't instructing their patients on proper dosage. They wouldn't hand you a bottle of pills with only the instructions 'take some of these', so why they wouldn't take the time to instruct their patients on proper usage is beyond me. That said, I have had absolutely amazing results from this medication. No issues with dryness, and I am able to use a tanning bed with no issues (I do limit facial exposure tho). Before using this medication I'd tried everything I could get OTC because my acne was so painful. I couldn't be happier with my results.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 10

After cancer treatment chemo destropyed my skin's equilibrium. My oil glands were enlarged and I was breaking out like a teenager even though I was in my 30's. I was given this drug, and although it takes at least a month to start working (and my skin looked worse at first) it really does work and I am quite pleased with the results.

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: Alex, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 02

I have been using Tazorac for 8 months for purely cosmetic reasons, I have been reading the reviews to see if anyone has the same side effects I do. I finally found one, which is chapped lips and of course I do not apply it there, The other side effect is soreness INSIDE my mouth below the lower lip,with a small groove in the skin. This produet works so beautifully I will not stop using. I know, pathetic,but I would like to know if anyone has had soreness inside the mouth.

Comment from: dippy54, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 02

face and around eyes burn, nose peeling,itching. burning all over face and forhead. Any cream I put on it makes it burn more. eyes swollen

Related Reading: itching