Tegretol User Reviews

Tegretol - User Reviews

Tegretol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tegretol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Marge, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 05

Until it was explained to me by a neurologist that I had to take it consistently and keep in my blood stream, did I get relief from the facial pain. I have been using it for one year and I am no longer in fear of the pain stopping me from eating, talking or having to go off to another room and cry. I would like to reduce the medication but the pain is so severe that I am unable to fuction at age 80.

Comment from: animalover46, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 10

I'm a 46 yr old bi-polar male who has taken tegretol for mood swings since I was 19 yrs old. The medicine works great with stabilizing my moods and the only problem I have is when I had either ran out of it or stopped taking it and had to go through withdrawls. This medicine took over having to take lithium.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

liver function numbers way too high

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: irishbabe5445, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 28

I've been on Tegretol for 21 years. The past few years things have been getting worse for me. I'm required to have a bone density test done every year due to me getting close to Osteoporsis. It eats Calicum which causes a big effect on my bones. I'm in my late twenties and my doctor says I have bones of a much older person. My doctors were stunned when they saw this. I went to two doctors to review it and get a second opinion.

Comment from: johnsoncl21@yahoo.com, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 11

At this time any relief has been welcomed. Still have break troughs but tolerable for now.

Comment from: Laurie, 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 28

Tegretol has kept me seizure-free for over 20 years, with no side effects. I just switched to XR a year ago. To the person who posted "I actually passed the pill in my stool after 12 hours for a 24 hr extended release": What you passed in your stool after 12 hours was the shell/casing, not the pill itself. And each pill lasts 12 hours, not 24. That is why you take it twice a day instead of once. Hope this helps someone with the same concerns. :-)

Comment from: Debbie, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 07

I have been taking this medication for almost 20yrs after being on dilatin for 16yrs my body was to imune to Dilatin and this has work great for me seizure free just a little weight gain but better the having gram mal seizure

Comment from: Mark, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 24

I have been on Tegretol for almost 20 yrs with no side effects and no siezures.

Comment from: Cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 06

It began easing my pain with just a half dose. Then when I was prescribed a full dose, the pain is all but gone. I was able to discontinue the use of Vicodin.

Related Reading: Vicodin

Comment from: cabellero37, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

I was recently given tegretol as a mood stabilizer for bipolar. I'm taking 100mg in the morning and 100mg in the evening. I'm also taking 20mg of adderall RX in the morning. Ever since I started to take the tegretol I feel very fatigued. I find myself fighting to stay awake about 45 minutes after taking tegretol and at times I end up taking a 30 to 45 min cat nap after taking it in the morning. Although it has be a very short time taking this medication I'm hoping this does not lead to long term side affects with the fatigue and drowsiness. I would of thought the adderall would of counter acted any of the sedation affects of tegretol but so far it has no affect at all Over all I do feel much better taking tegretol but hate these two side affects I'm currently experiencing. .

Related Reading: adderall

Comment from: Winston, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: October 16

I was in my teens and had a very diffucult time in high school. It was very hard to concentrate on school work and I could hardly stay awake. I've read where people are on these types of drugs for many years without seizures. Have they ever tried weaning themselves off to see if they have outgrown the seizures. I weaned myself off and found that I was seizure free without medication. Don't wait 20 years to try this. All of these drugs can't be good for you.

Related Reading: teens

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.