Tegretol User Reviews

Tegretol - User Reviews

Tegretol User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tegretol sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: unionsue, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: July 02

Three issues 1. Had been on tegretal many years. Tried weaning myself off high dose 1000mg daily due to high tegretol levels(400mg in am and 600mg pm). As I did this I began to become extremely congested as if sinuses swollen. No runny nose. Only diificult to breathe. Returned to normal dose, congestion gone. Has happened several times. Now if levels get high and I need to decrease dose, I go slower even 1/2 tab at a time. 2. Found if I take 3 tabs (600mg) at one time and I take 2 anacin (400mg ASA with caffiene) I become extremely dizzy, light headed for several hours. This I have also tested several times. 3. Have had problems with the generic brand NOT keeping my levels up. So must have my MD write for brand name only.

Comment from: bivicd, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 21

I have Trijeminal Neuralgia. About day 7 on this drug, it took my pain from a 12 on the 0-10 scale to about a 2-3. I am still havin some pain in the evening and early morning, but this is much better. I feel dizzy all the time. I am so lethargic now it is unreal. I dont want to do a thing at night. Likewise, I have had a 10 lb wweight gain in the last 10 days.

Comment from: Carl, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 23

I spent nights screaming into a pillow-n pain for weeks thinking I needed oral surgery, or root canal treatment. I also have MS, but did not connect the two. I had root canal treatment, the intence pain returned. Finally I went to my neurologist, who instantly prescribed tegretol. Immediate relief. I have attempted to reduce to 1 200 pill a day, but have had to return to 2. Easy treatment, almost instant relief. I am so thankful! Carl

Comment from: drogers3, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: May 06

I've been taking Tegretol for over 30 years and I've been seizure-free for the last 15 years. Aside from the easy bruising, periodic unsteadiness and the cognition issue that keeps getting worse, I have no complaints.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 01

This medication has been a nightmare! Sometimes I wonder which is worse, the pain in my face or the constant sick feeling. Doesn't help the pain that much, am wondering if it is worth it!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 29

i feel dizzy and do not have good balance after only one week on this drug.

Comment from: babycats54, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 16

Very good! I have been on it for 23 years and it has helped me so much!

Epilepsy

Find tips and treatments to control seizures.