Tekturna HCT User Reviews

Tekturna HCT - User Reviews

Tekturna HCT User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tekturna HCT sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: (Patient) Published: March 07

I had a severe reaction! I started itching all over...thought it was nerves. Then I started turning yellow. I had to be hospitalized twice. This stuff is very, very dangerous! My liver stopped functioning. It took a while off of this drug for my liver to go back to normal. Please do not try this drug!! I wish only to save anyone from going through what I went through. I missed more than a month of work and don't know if there is any long term damage to my liver or other organs. Please tell your doctor that you don't want this drug....there are plenty of other medications that control blood pressure...you don't need to take this one.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 26Y4IN, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 10

RASH ITCHING SWELLING OF FACE .SKIN LIKE A SUN BURN

Related Reading: RASH

Comment from: grandmabee, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

I'm an 85yo woman, and after 8 different drugs in 9 months, tekturna 300+hct12.5mg has reduced my blood pressure from 180/98 down to 117/67 in 3 months. My side effects include low sex drive and an unproductive cough.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: hoog, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

experience weigthgain

Comment from: MissKaye, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 21

I have been on the drug for at least a year and a half. I have been overall quite pleased, but I had to reduce my HCT to 150 mg. I was literally incontinent,no control AT ALL. I am also a bit sluggish but I read that some other people have the same symptoms. It was kmy LAST resort because everythng else mad me cough uncontrollably. so far, so good.

Comment from: KEN ROBERTS, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 03

I had lots of erratic bp. Would spike to 190/90 on some days. Tried Tekturna for 10 days with some benefit. Added Benicar & bp reduced to 135/70 & has stayed down for 9 months. I do have a marked loss of energy, however & wonder if the drugs are the cause? Dosage is 150mg Tekturna & 20 mg Benicar .

Related Reading: Benicar

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 26

Since I have been on this medication which has been about a week and a half it has reduce my readings drastically. I have not seen my pressure numbers this low since before I was told that I have Hypertension. I am very much satisfied with the medication and would recommend it.

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 26

I was taking norvasc which was very problomatic. I was switched to Tekturna HCT and have no side effects and a very acceptable blood pressure.

Related Reading: norvasc | Tekturna HCT

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 10

I have been on Tekturna for almost one year. No major side effects, and my blood pressure is back to normal ranges.

Comment from: Marysh, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 05

A REAL diuretic!!! Especially the first 24 hrs. BP dropped dramatically and edema from feet and ankles lessened noticably.

Related Reading: edema