Tekturna User Reviews

Tekturna - User Reviews

Tekturna User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tekturna sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: duerm, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

started on 50 mg toprol xl then went to 100 mg bp was down to 140/90 ^ started 150 mg tekturna for 2 weeks and bp was down to 125-130/80-85 range. really have not noticed any side affects

Related Reading: toprol xl | tekturna

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 13

Im on three other kind of bp meds besides tekturna, this med has not brought my bp down at all. The only thing I get is pain on the side of my back and feeling weak.My bp is so high, it's time to go back to the doctor again.It's a scary thing having high bp nothing seems to work. Is there anyone else out there that experineces the same thing?

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 30

Difficult to control HBP runs in family. Started Tekturna 300 mg when side effects from both CCB and ACE were not tolerable. Drug worked okay (BP 130/85) for first year then lost effectiveness. Along with decreased effectiveness came worsening side effects most notably pre-ventricle contractions (about every third heartbeat) and fatigue. BP readings as high as 151/121 recorded on Tekturna. Three weeks after switching medications, my BP is 110/80, fatigue is gone and heart rhythm greatly improved. This was not the drug for me.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 13

I have experienced hair loss, intense muscle fatigue, and brain fog. At times the nerve endings in my body feel very tender, almost like a burning sensation. This drug does stay in my system longer than 24 hours, so I am trying to reduce my dosing to every other day. I began at 150 mgs. and am now taking 300 mgs every other day. I have tried every other family of blood pressure medicines, so I guess I could say this is the drug of last resort for me.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: nursede, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 03

No side effects for me, BP is well mamaged now after failing 2 other medications previously. My biggest concern for this medication is the cost of one month supply of 300 mg. tablet's. I learned it would cost me $107.00 a month. I am on samples now, but my doctor will have to Rx something more cost effictive for me. I find the med to be more than a scam on the price, shame on you Novartis. This is only medication, not a medical procedure. There are more meds out there than your's that I can afford. Maybe you could cut down on your advertisement and stop taking all those costly meals and gifts to medical professionals to "sell" your products!! Yes I am a nurse and I know much about you Pharmaceutical companies, been there, done that!! Yes, SHAME on you!!

Comment from: AZRETBOSS, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 10

I'm on my 15th day of 150mg and so far average blood pressure in the 150's and sometimes spikes to the 180's. Not taking a diurectic so my ankles swell up. Notice that mmany other patients here are not having much luck with this drug either. Seems I have to try another drug. Not all drugs work in the same way for everyone.

Comment from: Hate Tekturna, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

I am excessively tired and have muscle aches accompanied with frequent defication (infrequent but irritating sepage of liquid waste through layers of clothing). I feels as if I have an endless head cold: cough, runny nosy, frequent sneezing and an itchy throat. This is my third attempt with this medication

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 11

Have taken this drug for about two months at the 300mg.rate. Feel fatigued and lethargic most of the time to the point of it affecting the quality of life. Causes wide swings in my B.P. When it is low I am extremely fatigued and listless.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 17

i am on 300mg of tekturna. my bp before i started this drug was 185/120 on averge. now i average 135/80. however, on the days that i work out it is 120/73. i only do about 10 minutes of cardio 4 days a week...its amazing how much it helps.