Tekturna User Reviews

Tekturna - User Reviews

Tekturna User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tekturna sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Gemini 1953, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 09

I have been on Tekturn for one year now. Began with 150 and now up to 300mg. Noticed water retention in feet and legs immediately, but hoped it would get better. The last few months I have experienced "arthritis-like pain in my joints, especially my fingers, knuckles and knees -- very painfully (almost debilitating). Have experienced some hair loss and thinning also. Am contacting my doctor this week to attempt to come off this med and find something else. It has brought my BP down, but I now cannot deal with all these side effects! Took Cozaar for years with no side effects, but it got to the point it was not controlling my BP as well as my doctor hoped.

Related Reading: arthritis | Cozaar

Comment from: sherloc , 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 07

I have been on this medication for a few months, My docotor included Amlodipine 5mg, now I am up to 10 with 300 mg Tekturna..My legs are swelling now with itching and extreme exhaustion. This is the fourth drug combo I have been on. Other drugs worked for a while, then.. side effects..I am changing my lifestyle; exercise,I have eliminated most meats, eating more fruits and veggies.. It has to be a better way to control this.. Why is there such an increase in this medical problem? Everyone cannot have high blood pressure without reason?, even if it is hereditary. what is happening?.

Related Reading: itching | high blood pressure

Comment from: bigplanz2, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 25

So far this drug has decreased my blood pressure,one of my side affects is coughing

Comment from: MrG, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

Blood pressure was 160/100, when changed it lower to 150/90.I am taking 150mg and I expected a better blood pressure. side effect I get more tired than usual

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: January 08

reading the other reviews I thought it was just me with the problems concerning my vision and feeling tired all the time. I have been on this medicine for 1 month and I am wondering if it is also causing me the lost of focus and attention. they really need to have an alternative or better generic drug. pricing to high

Comment from: Lambert, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 16

I am taking Tekturna 150mg HCT 12.5mg for about 4 weeks now. My blood pressure remained at 130 to 140 range. My hair is thinning noticeably and my fasting glucose is higher now at 128-134 range. Previously, my fasting glucose was from 98-108.I exercise daily and watch my diet, with emphasis on vegetables and fruits. Are these side effects due to Tektuna?

Comment from: Denise, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 28

This is the 6th medication I have been on and the first one that has worked. Has anyone experienced increased libido? My husband swears that my sex drive has increased since I started taking Tekturna. He is not complaining and neither am I, but I wondered whether anyone else has experienced this? My Dr. said that he doesn't have enough people on it to make a study.

Comment from: ronnie123, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 21

i have been on tekturna for almost 1 year and my blood pressure is 115/68 it was 155/100 before i took this drug. my doctor was very smart.

Comment from: rogern989, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 18

I took Tekturna 150 with Lotrel for one month, then switched to Tekturna 300 with Lotrel. My BPs are now 120 over 60 but I have had occasional back pain and have developed a chronic eye irritation. The drug worked excellent for me but I do not like the side effects.

Related Reading: Lotrel

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 01

tekturna works for me,my bp is 114/62 before it was 190/97. no side effects.