Temodar User Reviews

Temodar - User Reviews

Temodar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Temodar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 21

I Hve taken this 18 months and still have a quality life. I have hd no side-affects exceept for slight headache on pill days.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Jimak, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 24

I've taken my first week's dosage (300 mg per day) and have felt o.k., except for fatigue. I've completed the radiation and Temodar 40 day treatments, now on the monthly dose. So far so good. Wish I had more energy, and I sleep a lot.

Related Reading: fatigue | Temodar | sleep

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 07

My father is 46 and was on this for 42 days with radiation and then once this was done he did 5 days of 300 mg once a month. This was done for 3 months until the tumor had begun to grow again. So, it made the tumor stable for only a short time. Now on IV avastin and camptosar...so far so good, doing great.

Related Reading: tumor | avastin

Comment from: Jean Marie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 04

My husband has taken Temodar for 6 months (5days per month) and his major side effect if a rash that develops 1 - 3 days after he stops taking it. I am also noticing significant fatigue and some impairment in his ability to follow complex directions or plotlines. His brain tumor has continued to shrink as evidenced by MRIs taken every 3 months. What are the longterm effects?

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 01

My mother has been on this drug for 2.5 yrs now. I am wanting to know if anyone else can validate the side effects we (family) are seeing are due to the drug. She is a completely different person from then to now. Many side effects we are seeing are lack of concentration, short term memory, personaltiy changes, moody, trouble with numbers-cognitive changes, equalibrium is completely off and can not walk far w/out asst., fatigue all the time, etc.... Please could some one out there tell me these are from the chemo drug? I asked my mom's dr and he could not provide me with as answer, because I do not think he knows what Temodar can do to people longterm......

Comment from: blackschnauzer, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 11

My husband is 52. Has been on 340 mg Temodar since February 2008, taken 5 days on and 23 off immediately before going to bed w/Anzemet to avoid nauseated feeling. Very fatigued but keeping the tumor away. Short term memory is affected but can't say it is from the drug and not the surgery itself.

Comment from: scott, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 02

began treatment 2 weeks ago so far no side effects

Comment from: Momatabor, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: November 25

They found my brothers gbm4 in 2007 he had surgery, with a 80% reduction ,temodar,radiation,for 6 months .he has been in remission for four years now and just last month the tumor started to grow again,he is good health so we are givin it a try again,here's to 4 more years. the combination of all three has giving us a priceless gift?

Comment from: kpanarel, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: May 25

Surgery 10/09 (tumor removed), then 34 radiation + 140mg temodar treatments, 30 day rest period, then began clinical trial of 220mg temodar, 7 days a week, every other week, plus 800mg of Celebrex every day. Chemo week began as not too bad, non-chemo week was great but not I do get tired if I don't control my activities. I am on my 6th month of temodar and so far no signs of another tumor. I don't know if it is too soon to rate temodar but I have nothing bad to say about it.

Related Reading: Celebrex