Temodar User Reviews

Temodar - User Reviews

Temodar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Temodar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: cracker, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 05

This drug is killing my mother. She took it for 20 or so days with no side effects. Then we noticed significant bruising. Blood test showed dangerously low platelets and almost no white blood cells. She has been hospitalized for 19 days now with pneumonia and is on her death bed. The tumor is not killing her, the chemo is.

Related Reading: pneumonia

Comment from: webmd, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 10

Second iteration of Temodar (2009), last used in 2003. Expect similar effectiveness and more rounds in subsequent years. Every 5-6 years is hardly something to complain about. In terms of ease of use, can't beat it (oral at night vs. IV/portacath) and the side effects have been limited in comparison to previous IV-introduced therapy. I'm satisfied with the drug. If you prefer more agressive therapy, read cancer research articles for something to augment Temodar. In my case, I'm taking EGCG tablets; a study at USC suggests EGCG increases chemosensitivity to Temodar. (survival:13 years, 3 months)

Related Reading: cancer

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 31

Diagnosis on 12/24/09 with surgery on 1/4/10. 6 weeks of radiation with 180 mg of Temador. Continued Temador for another 8 months. MRI every two months. From the beginning I saw a naturalpath that specialized in Glioblastomas. Took ~100 supplements a day, down to 50 now. Recurrence in 10/11 as expected. I was told that there is an expectation that 90% will have a recurrence within two years. I am unable to work due to the memory issues. A 15 min nap at lunch solved the tiredness issue. I feel great and am living an otherwise normal life.

Comment from: Rika, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 01

My father took Temodar for a glioblastoma in his temporal lobe that was inoperable. He took it during radiation, and then only twice following that. It has been stable for the past several months. He hasn't taken the drug in about 6 months. He is now experience severe and almost constant stomach pain... I'm just wondering if this has anything to do with the drug because none of his doctors can figure out why he is having this pain.

Comment from: juju5599, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 17

My husband has been on this for 5 mos. with 1 treatment to go. Dr. cannot find research studies to prove it lasts any longer. So far tumor has shrunk. Only side effect is tiredness during 5-day period. Takes with anti-nausea pill.

Comment from: camaroman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 01

I am on 42 day treatment paired with radiation. until recently no side effects, now experiencing smothering effect anywhere from 2 to 7 hrs. after taking. cannot lay on back and breath during this time. eventually it subsides and I can go to bed. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? I might mention during this time there is acute discomfort at bottom of left fib cage and tenderness in chest muscle.

Comment from: mytwotumors, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 14

I am in my 21th month of temodar out of 24. I've been really tired and experienced bad side effects during 3 of the 5 days of treatment on average. I'm disappointed because my tumors (two locations) were inoperable and have barely shrunk. But the stabilization is perfect. I would hate having to take this drug for the rest of my life as the symptoms caused by the tumors have not disappeared (seizures, vertigo, dizziness and distorted apprehension of space). What's the use of two years of fatigue in your life for this????

Related Reading: vertigo | dizziness

Comment from: Liz, 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 13

About 80% of my tumor was removed surgically, however it started growing back 3 months later. My doctor opted for Temodar. So far, my "aggressive" tumor has not grown anymore. The only side effect I have experienced is a little fatigue after the 5 day cycles each month. I have been on Temodar for a year and my doctor checks my blood count each month and it has been great. He is taking me off of the treatment to see what happens but is still going to monitor me closely every three months.

Comment from: BeckyC, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 07

I was given 6 months with tumors all over my body. That was in January. My cancer is gone now, after 3 treatments of this drug. So far, so good. I will live to see my daughters wedding day.

Cancer