Temodar User Reviews

Temodar - User Reviews

Temodar User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Temodar sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: help, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 06

My mother has been taking this drug for her cancer,this was our last hope.She took the drug for 1 yr before we had any results,BUT! now her cancer is gone.She remains on this and now its been 2 yrs,now this drug is killing her.She stays confused,weight lose,memory loss,cough,very weak,fatigue,nausea,headaches,body pain all over,infection in her brain twice now,and cant walk hardly, she shuffles,must have assistance with her walking..this drug is now taking her away from us..shes been to the Drs. over these symptons and they keep adding to her drug list, shes now up to 13 different pills a day.They are treating the symptons not getting to the problem.If we do not get her off this drug/and the other drugs shes on my mother wont be here for much longer..YES! she is coming off this now!! Calling her Drs. ASAP! Drugs can help BUT! they can also KILL you!!!Dont let your loved one continue on this medicine if they are in this condition or any thing close to this,GET THEM OFF!! this can be fatal.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 07

Tumor was non-responsive to treatment after 6 weeks of daily dosage followed by 2 months of monthly follow-up dosing. This was combined with 6 weeks of radiation following surgery. After the second month of follow-up dosing, tumor was found to be re-growing.

Comment from: Raleelee, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 16

Death after taking the medication

Comment from: lilsadiejgb, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 22

I have taken Temodar since 9/99 for metastaic melanoma of the brain. The doseage was reduced to 100mg for seven days one week on and one week off. I do have fatique constantly. I had a total of nine brain tumors and have been NED since 8/2000.

Related Reading: melanoma

Comment from: jimmlow, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 25

I am on a 23/5 cyle. I'm starting my 18th cycle today. I had two small metasticized tumore in my brain when I began taking the chemotherapy. The tumors had disappeared by the 3rd cycle.

Comment from: stressed, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 04

I have just started treatment, 5 days once a month. 2 weeks off so far. I completed a series of radiation first. Extreme fatigue a lot of non listed symptoms. My hair is increaded in loss from when it did from radiation. Has anyone experienced hair loss from Temodar? I was told it would not happen.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: RWM, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 06

Brain melanoma, taken temodar 4per day for 5 days,off for 23 days. Fatigued after taken was only side effect while using it. Taken ffor about 2 yrs and it no longer was effective for me. Now I find myself having pain in my stomach, on right side by ribs and back area, disorientated at times, unbalanced,insommnia,hungry all the time, feel very very weak..Dr. started me on Decradron for swelling in brain area because of Radiation Necrosis of the tissue surrounding brain tumor that Radiation reduced to 1/2 in size, then Dr, said tumor was not there but Necrosis was, so tit for tot, change one for the other??? I do feel the Temodar was beneficial for me with very little side effects( not unless Temodar side effects are associated with what I have now but just took time to show up)..

Cancer