Tenuate User Reviews

Tenuate - User Reviews

Tenuate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tenuate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: chronhedache, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 09

i have chronic headaches and have tried multiple diet pills.. 99% of which give me headaches. this does not and it doesnt make me feel weird/high either. just be sure to build up the dose...start off taking 1/2 a pill for a couple weeks.

Comment from: jax, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: September 28

This Rx is very effective. Dry mouth is a given because you lose lots of bloating water in your tissues. I lost 30 lbs & kept it off. This is a dangerous drug and if it's not taken exactly how instructed you can hurt yourself. Do not take more than 4 months max in your LIFE time. I abused it because I was losing so much weight & loved it and now I have pulmonary problems which can never be corrected but it's my fault for taking as directed.Side Effects are severe headaches, de-hydration, difficulty sleeping, hands shaking and a super skinny body!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

I take one pill every other day or every three days. I have been taking this medication for about 3 months and have lost 16 lbs. so far. The only side-effects I have noticed are dry mouth (which really isn't bad, it just makes me drink more water which I need anyway) and difficulty falling asleep. I usually take Tylenol Pm on the days I take my tenuate and that helps with the insomnia. On the days that I don't take the medication I have noticed that my appetite is still diminished and I do not have difficulty falling asleep. Overall I am very pleased with this product!

Related Reading: Tylenol | insomnia

Comment from: tmbrown, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

this was a blessing to me. I lost 18 pounds in a short time, with diet and a little exercise.

Comment from: nina, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 21

i took this product less than 1 month, had to stop because i was experiencing extremely dry mouth,and lower back pain. did reduce my appetite but did not give me energy.

Related Reading: lower back pain

Comment from: HappyCamper, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 23

I have been taking Tenuate 75mg since November 2010, it says do not cut the pills, but I did, I cut them in 4, and started with 1/4 for a week or so, then up to 1/2 for a couple few weeks, and finally up to the whole pill. I take it very early, the minute I wake up, just before 6am. I have had no problem sleeping, do have the dry mouth, I drink a lot of water, which is good for you anyway. My doctor insists that I see a dietician evey month, plus I see him every month, he does not have refills on the RX, I get a new RX when I come to the monthly appt. My doctor says this is short-term, several months at the most. Also, the drug info that come with the RX at the pharmacy clearly says that nutritional counseling and exercise are to be used with this drug. I am following the dietician's instructions, that with the extra help from the Tenuate got me down 44lbs so far, 25 to go! This drug works great for me, and I have never taken diet pills before, other that OTC Dexatrim once when I was young. I am eating healthy, fresh foods, no sugar, no white flour, no processed foods, junk food at all. I am physically active also, not an exercise fanatic at all, just doing stuff all the time, and have a physical job.

Comment from: plhenderson, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

Tenuate did NOTHING for me! I didn't feel any different, no suppressed appetite, no energy, nothing! My dr switched me to Adipex and I've already lost 4 lbs in the 1st week.

Comment from: Kristina, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 08

I have just started this medication and find that it is very helpful in increasing my energy level. I have also found it to be very effective in suppressing my appetite. I have been experiencing headaches but that has been the only negative side effect so far.

Comment from: brooklynbabe, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

i lost 11 lbs. in the first 2 weeks! so far no side effects. take it in the morning, watch what i am eating and working out a few days a week. Love it!

Comment from: me, 35-44 Published: June 24

Honestly.. didn't like Tenuate, just didn't work, it made me feel awful, just had to stop.. Sincerely...