Tenuate User Reviews

Tenuate - User Reviews

Tenuate User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tenuate sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

I've only been on this pill for 12 days and have lost 7 lbs. !! It has really helped to lesson my cravings. I'm also eating a healthier diet; no sugars and cut my carb intake in half. I do have dry mouth some days which increases my water consumption but that's a good thing. I have bad knees so have not been on a regular exercise program yet. Due to my age my doctor will only allow me to take these for 6 months and after 2 weeks of use I have to start slowly tapering off. It's a good medication that really seems to work.

Comment from: Baxley, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 04

Love it! First week I lost 8Lbs. No side effects, just lots of energy

Comment from: Jecka, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 07

Where can I find a DR. that will prescibe Tenuate for me? what kinda of MD?

Comment from: mommy2go, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 27

Been on this for about a week through the Lindora program. I do exercise 5x a week and drink 80oz water a day w/fiber. Take vitamins multi and potassium and with Lindora B12 injections sometimes a booster of B6. Lindora has me on a high protein low carb diet to lose so far I'm down 26lbs since May 11th. I wanted to make sure I listed my dietary routine in combination with tenuate, I take this ONLY when I know that I'll be going somewhere or know that I'll be tempted with my favorite foods, "cake, icecream, in n out burger etc.." I take it 30min before dinner and within about 20-30 min I start to notice it to take effect by me talking much more (I'm generally a person of few words) but with tenuate I'm talking about everything and notice the energy kicking in. No fast heart beats or anything which I'm glad, I'm usually afraid of taking any form of pills but this one has been good to me BUT it only last for about 4 hours then I experience a little down time of just wanting to sit and rest. NO trouble sleeping or any of the side effects, not sure if the irritability is due to this or just PMS, but since I know that it can cause irritability I'm especially on guard to try not to be. I'm also careful not to have caffeinated drinks around taking the pill. Hope this helps someone as other comments have helped me. Thanks!

Related Reading: vitamins | B12

Comment from: silvercoach, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 24

My doctor prescribes this medication for me when I described my eating behavior to be similar to drug craving and drug seeking behaviors. The medication has made it easier for me to identify being hungry or just wanting to eat to stuff an emotion. I have taken it for over 1 year and have lost 25 lbs.

Comment from: Dallas, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 18

I have been taking this med for 2 months and have not noticed any difference. The first month it made me tired and didn't have much energy like some have reported. I haven't lose any weight although I workout everyday for atleast an hour,i have built up muscle but wish to lose weight. I plan to give it another month or so then if no weight lose I will ask my doctor to try something else.