Tessalon User Reviews

Tessalon - User Reviews

Tessalon User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tessalon sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: obe wan, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 10

Worked Excellent, No Side Effects or Drowsiness.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 11

I was coughing so hard that I couldn't stop pissing my pants, underwear, furniture, etc. The codeine syrup didn't touch it. I was down to my last pair of clothing when I begged for a prescription to be called in. The doc on call chose the pearls and it totally saved me. I didn't feel drugged, I still coughed some, but I was able to remain clothed. The pants stayed dry. Woo Hoo! GO PEARLS!

Comment from: DinAZ, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 03

I have the 100mg dose as well - no drowsiness, no side effects. However, I do take them after I've eaten. My doctor said, "breakfast, lunch & dinner" so that's what I do. They're amazing.

Comment from: misphooey, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 08

drowsiness for sure, this about knocks me out and i'm only on the 100mg; but it does work for my coughs. I went from nonstop debiliating coughs to a few coughs.

Comment from: dn, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

Best cough suppressant I have ever used. No drowsiness, no bad taste. A freind recommended it and my doctor had to look it up. Been available for years, but no one prescribes any more.

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 01

My Doctor has been nice enough to let me have refills to make sure i have this when I need it. It works great and without the (tiredness) you get with the codine syrups. Also works great for that post nasal drip (tickle) in the back of your throat that can drive yu crazy.That was the orginal reason that doctor gave it to me...worked like nothing else!

Comment from: haley123, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 02

Had a severe cough due to upper respiratory infection. Also, previously had used for cough resulting from a post-nasal drip due to sinus infection.

Related Reading: sinus infection

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 09

I have been prescribed this drug twice now and it did not relieve my cough. It also made my chest hurt so bad I thought I was having a heart attack.

Related Reading: heart attack

Comment from: TexasSon, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

As a nagging cough was making its way around my building, I did my best to avoid it but it caught up to me. I had it for 2 weeks before visiting my physician, who prescribed me tessalon. While I thought the cough may simply run its course, it wasn't easing up a bit until after taking the tessalon for two days. By day three, the cough was practically gone.

Related Reading: tessalon

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 15

I all the times I have been prescribed the pearls they have never worked for me. Ever. I always toss a hissy fit when my doctor writes me a Rx for it. And he always says it works for some people and not for others. Well I'm the one it doesn't work for.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 14

This worked very well for me. It did not make me sleepy, or anything else.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 17

I have never been able to tolerate taking liquid cough medicines, they made me very nauseous. Tessalon is the only drug that has helped to supress my wicked coughing, whether from asthma or a chest cold. It does make me sleepy, which is a welcome side effect at night.

Related Reading: asthma

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.