Tessalon User Reviews

Tessalon - User Reviews

Tessalon User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tessalon sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: JPM344, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

I can't use codine-based cough medicine. this worked so very well! What a joy not to cough all the time.

Comment from: pilotmom, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 19

A chest cold gave me the worst asthma attack of my life...actually frightening. Despite asthma treatment, I kept coughing. My doctor prescribed this medicine, and it was like a miracle. I slept through the night on on dose, and have no drowsiness. Slight bad taste in my mouth, but a small price to pay.

Comment from: MsTee927, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 16

1 small pill 3 times a day for a week and my coughing stops instantly

Comment from: rupie, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 28

I believe they have taken the Tessalon Pearles off the market .That is why no one prescribes them anymore.Thats what happens when you find something that works-they usually quit making it!!! I used it off and on for years.When codeine based cough meds didn't stop my cough ,the tessalon Pearles did!!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 14

one pill knocked me out for 10 to 12 hours! felt like a hammer hit me unfortunately. But the cough definitely was suppressed.

Comment from: ron19320, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 04

I have beenmore than satisfied with this drug.

Comment from: salemite, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 23

I have had all kinds of cough over the years and was prescirbed everything under the sun until one time a PA gave me Tessalon Perles and I think they are great. Who would have ever dreamed that little thing would work like a charm. The big plus is you can't taste it like other cough meds. Why don't doctors prescribe these more often? I would truly like to hear the reasons behind that.

Comment from: PeppermintPatty, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 13

I had a horrible case of bronchitis and was literally coughing my head off. Once I started taking this medicine I immediately stopped coughing. It is a drug that I've never heard of before, but certainly wish I had. I understand it's been around for quite a while. I highly recommend it and encourage you to ask your doctor if it is something that would work for you too.

Comment from: TNMOM, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

I must be immune to any cough medicine ever created. I have 200mg and they've done nothing for me. They don't make me drowsy either, which is a good thing. But, they have not effected my cough at all.

Comment from: Pat, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 16

I was given this for bronchitis and found it to be the most effective. I have tried the cough syrup with codeine and that works great for bedtime, but the Tessalon for daytime is the greatest. My last bout with bronchitis I was given the cough syrup, but luckily I still had Tessalon in the medicine cabinet.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 01

itching and welts on the upper part of my body.

Related Reading: itching

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 19

Was sleepy and felt almost drunk...did not like that at all but I didn't cough

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

I feel so much better !!!!!

Living Better

Find the secrets to longer life.