Mellaril User Reviews

Mellaril - User Reviews

Mellaril User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Mellaril sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Dawn, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 06

My doctor tends to put me on major antipsychotic meds although I have 90% depression and 10% hypo-mania - no real mania or psychosis. Not Schizophrenic.He gave it to me for sleep @ it's too strong. I have major sleep problems. My heart has always tended to skip a beat so after I read about this med I stopped it & told the doctor why. It knocks me out into the next day. He always gives me scary drugs at a high dose. I'm changing doctors. As for the person who's heart was damaged - I'm a lawyer and you have a good suit against your Dr. if the statute to sue hasn't run.

Related Reading: depression | sleep

Comment from: Stevee, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: March 09

I was misdiagnosed with Schizophrenia over 14 years ago. I had been on Mellaril for all that time. I have not taken it for over a year. Unfortunately, now, I have a heart condition. I have had it for quite sometime. I never had a serious mental illness. But now I have to live with this condition. What do I do?

Related Reading: Schizophrenia | Mellaril | mental illness

Comment from: LULU, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 28

hello i took this medication when i was very young for being hyperactive i went to therapy so i started taking the meds and it was horrible then they lowered the doseage still i couldnt handle it so i quit taking the meds i learned to control my hypertention now im hypo and take thyroid meds in stade. but never again i will take that med it made me so slow

Comment from: michele, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

doctor treated me for anxiety. First tried seraquel and I threw up. This is what he perscribed next. It seems a little heavy handed. Even though I am only taking 24ms, I can see this is a strong drug.I feel dizzy, head feels heavy and my movements are jerky.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 25

in 1973 i was forced to take 15-75 mg of melarril daily.The "doctor was BARASI SILA in Baltimore,MD. while some friends were perscribed ritalin I knew noone else on mellarill. shortly after beginningh treatment I began experiencing facial grimacing that continues occasionally to this day. I also have what I term a mild form of tourettes syndrome (these symptoms ususlly occurr when I am alone) I now know this drug is now only used in extreme cases of schitsophrenia (excuse spelling) This treatment was part of an overall childhood of physical and emotional abuse. I wish I had never been subjected tothis form of chemical lobotomy. I would like to someday find out how many perscriptions for mellaril were written in 1973

Related Reading: ritalin

Comment from: lacy, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

Millaril worked in helping my anxiety and nervous habits, pulling hair etc, when Seroquel didn't. Bonus:: Seroquel costs USD$500+ for me and WalMart charges USD$4.00 for the Millaril.

Related Reading: Seroquel

Comment from: notaschizo, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 21

umm heart dmg ? i was put on this drug while in a mental hospital all i really remember was when they first put me on it i just slept then one day they took me to the er and done what i think was an ekg. i was 10 or 11 when they done this to me i remember very lil from when i was 10 up to 13. my mom use to always joke about how when i came back home i was just a zombie she said i would go to school come home and just sit on the couch and stare at the tv rather it was on or not. i dnt even remember any thing about school or friends back then. i was also on paxill and some other drug. i was admitted to the mental hospital for anger management problems and they just zombified me and sent me home. my mom finally took me off all the meds when i started to have black outs and couldnt remember what time or day it was. i had severe withdrawals for 3 months while she slowly took me off the meds. i am now 25 and some times have sharp pains in my chest this has happend since i think i was 14 or 15. i have very explosive anger problems and some anxiety issues and all the quacks will give me is anti depression meds. could me being on such a powerful drug for 2-3 yrs caused my decline in mental stability ? and is heart problems common with this and how severe are they ? im sry for the long wall of text but after reading some reviews i felt i need to have this out there. oh yeah and i was on 75mg( or something like that) twice a day in a liquid form cause i couldn't swallow pills very good.