Tikosyn User Reviews

Tikosyn - User Reviews

Tikosyn User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tikosyn sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Sis, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I have not experienced any further symptoms of AF since starting Tikosyn. What I have experienced is difficulty getting certain other medical procedures completed because of the medication interaction problems. Dental procedures requiring local anesthetics are not possible since I can not use any of the "cains". Treatments for skin problems that might have steroids in them can not be used as steroids can cause an adverse reaction with Tikosyn. Since I'm so new to using this drug I expect it will take a while to learn how to get Medical procedures done without the use of typically used medications. I will be in contact with the manufacturer as will be my Pharmacist and Cardiologist to determine the proper course of action to take regarding the rest of my health care needs.

Related Reading: Tikosyn

Comment from: LR, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: October 23

After initial 3 days in hospital for observation while starting drug, I was very pleased with results. Definited decrease in symptoms leading to better life style. I have been on Tikosyn for 1 year this month.

Comment from: mtnwalt, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 15

This drug gave me my life back! I love it. The Atrial Fib was really limiting me in daily life, now with Tikosyn I don't know I have any problems. Just stay on schedule & watch interactions. For me a wonder drug.

Published: January 13

My father in law is on Tikosyn. He got a call from the drug company last night at 9:00 telling him the drug is on back order and they don't know when they will have the supply in. Has anyone else gotten a call or had trouble getting Tikosyn?

Comment from: kate, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

Was put on tikosyn for atrial fib and with just 2 doses my heart went back into sinus rhythm. was monitored for 3 days and have been feeling good after one week of treatment.

Comment from: Bob, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 18

This drug has corrected most of rythem problems but I am having some side effects, such as tightning around the abdomen trouble breathing deep breaths, tingling in the hands and feet.

Comment from: researcher, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 08

started out on flecanide, which worked with the help of 2 cardioversions for about 2+ years until it was not effective and went to amiodarone; horrendous drug with multiple side effects: occular deposits, hypothyroidism, significant lung congestion, and extreme fatigue. I couldn't deal with the side effects and went to many different physicians and one told me that I had 3 options: deal with it (couldn't), surgery (didn't want it) or tikosyn; I still have a few episodes of a-fib of short duration on a monthly basis but the quality of my life is so much better; my concern is long term success & potential negative side effects,

Related Reading: hypothyroidism | fatigue

Comment from: florida granny, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 07

I started using tikosyn about 2 months ago for afib that was occuring at least 2x per day. Since I've started, I've not had one episode and my cardiologist has taken me off the 5 other heart meds and coumadin that I was on. I feel 100% better and for the first time in many years am able to function with some energy. My appetite is back, my thoughts are clearer, and I am hopeful that this will continue to improve my quality of life. It is very expensive for me but well worth it. I had a hard time finding a pharmacy who could fill it, but finally Walgreens could and I need to fill it earlier than usual to allow them time to get it in.

Related Reading: coumadin

Comment from: deb williams, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 12

I was placed on tikosyn Aug/06 and didn't have a breakthrough until Aug/07. I've had 3 breakthroughs since August. One in Aug, one is Sept and one in Nov. I was cardio-verted in Aug and converted back on my own (with the help of God) in September & November. This is a drug to be very careful with.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 07

Two and one half hours after taking the first dose of Tikosyn my heart went back into rhythm. I am very happy with the results I have gotten from Tikosyn so far.

Heart Health