Tikosyn User Reviews

Tikosyn - User Reviews

Tikosyn User Reviews

Here is a collection of user reviews for the medication Tikosyn sorted by most helpful. Patient Discussions FAQs

Comment from: Bob, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 04

Helped A. F. somewhat but side effects were so bad I was taken off. Six months later side effects are not completely gone. chest pain,breathing respitory problems,and sudden palputations.

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 24

This was my third medication to try for recurrent atrial fib. Third time a charm! I been on it now for 5 years. No problems at all.

Comment from: betty, 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: June 10

have been on tikosyn for 11 months have had no problems at all.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 29

Had persistent afib for at least 1 1/2 years. Maze procedure during valve replacement didn't help. Had 3 electrocardioversions that lasted 1 day, 2 days and 1 week. Soltalol and Flecainide didn't help. After the first night at Emory, and 2 500mcg. capsules, I've been in rhythm for over 6 months. No more fatigue. I feel great.

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 23

hospitalized 4 days; 250 mg 2x daily; after 2 days heart went back to sinus rhythm for 7 hrs only; raised to 375 mg 2x daily; heart went back in 2 days for 10 minutes. medicine did not work for me; released from hospital; experienced no known side effects from the medicine. ablation recommended.

Comment from: buckobrennan, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 28

i suffered from a-fib for 12 yrs. went to lankenau hospital in phila. and was hospitalized for 3 days and put on 500 mcg of tikosyn twice a day. no reoccurence since i started tikosyn. a definite life changing drug (for the better for me). i would strongly recommend trying this drug before opting for being shocked etc.

Comment from: Rob, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 07

I was taken off amiodarone because it caused very bad thyroid problems. Tikosyn has shown absolutely no effect to date. The main problem is a 200 mile round trip to have an EKG and blood work. It seems to me most doctors are afraid of tikysin and those that aren't are aloof. Don't take this drug. I went from hypothyroidism to hyperthyroidism. My thyroid number went to 34 and now my kidney has given me problems.

Related Reading: hyperthyroidism

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 22

This drug worked wonders for me. I went back into aFib after having a cardio ablation and managed to stay out of Afib for 6 months but unfortunately went back into AFib. Cardio versions could not get me back to normal rythum but after 18 hours and 2 doses of Tykosyn I was back in norm aql rythum. The drug was easy to takle without any side effects.

Comment from: FeelingBetter, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 17

Went in the hospital on Friday afternoon to take Tikosyn. On Monday 5 minutes before the cardio-version was to take place I went into normal sinus rythum. Take that Nurse Rachet! I had been in A-fib for almost a year after Rythmol stopped working after 7 years and Multaq failed. I don't know how long this will work but it is sure as hell better than doing surgery first.

Related Reading: Rythmol | Multaq

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 08

Amiodarone stopped working. After 2 ineffective catheter ablations (1 with robotics), I was started on Tikosyn in 12/08. I converted permanently after 2nd dose. I take 0.5mg twice a day. No side effects except I am now energetic and able to exercise and am losing weight. Neither Sams nor Walgreens stocks it, so you may have to wait a few days. Be sure you bring home enough from the hospital. All in all it's an A+++ for me.

Comment from: Scott, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 27

My body aches. I feel like I have the flu without the fever. I also have some hand pain with very slight numbness. I still have very short burst of atrial fibrilation

Related Reading: flu | fever